Rubra likey....!!

This is a great sounding guitar, a bit surprised that more wasn’t made of it during Experience! Maybe it was and I missed it.

Paul a passionate as ever, ironing out every little detail!

Thanks Mr Smith for being the person you are!
Yeah I noticed the fantastic tone on this one too! It was the one Experience 2018 guitar that got my attention. Love that limited edition eagle! It’s like quasi private stock!

Shawn, will Paul’s Guitar pickups fit in P90 routings....

Thinking out of the box. How about putting P’sG pups in a Se277 soap bar. Would they fit?

I've got a Paul's Treble if you want to try it out. It's just laying on the table. I haven't figured out what I want to put it in.

These pickups definitely have my attention. Can't wait to see how they evolve into core production models and PTC options for us 408 owners. NAMM seems so far away now!

I think in this case, we could elevate that a couple levels, and say he is preaching to the deacons!

Said the deacon... that was quoted saying he was "above those lowly choir nerds" All because they wouldn't let him join the choir...come on man, even I know it's inappropriate to ask the choir directors daughter if she was into Winger and if she had ever seen the ceiling of a Camaro from the back seat... at her 17th Birthday Party:eek: so yeah, uhhh don't do that... Its frowned upon...not by me....but you know by like "choir nerd" types..:p

That is one fantastic sounding guitar. It's actually the first guitar in a long-time that has got me GASing hard, even after the 58/15s, Super Eagle, SS etc

I wanna get one and send it to the PTC for another one of those pickups in the middle!

That is one fantastic sounding guitar. It's actually the first guitar in a long-time that has got me GASing hard, even after the 58/15s, Super Eagle, SS etc

I wanna get one and send it to the PTC for another one of those pickups in the middle![/QUE]

@Shawn@PRS tell the folks in marketing....mission accomplished! GAS...engaged! @justmund buddy, never drink koolaid offered by a stanger...in PRS T-shirt.

I hope PRS sells a ton of these. Great innovation should be rewarded! I haven’t had GAS for a long time but this guitar whispered to me!
3089952995_4.jpg

Last edited:
Well, they're intially a run of 100 so... Very much hoping it becomes a core thing too
Oh I’m sure it’ll be a core since it’s really only the electronics that have changed. But with the eagle still intact, I hope...

Last edited:
Said the deacon... that was quoted saying he was "above those lowly choir nerds" All because they wouldn't let him join the choir...come on man, even I know it's inappropriate to ask the choir directors daughter if she was into Winger and if she had ever seen the ceiling of a Camaro from the back seat... at her 17th Birthday Party:eek: so yeah, uhhh don't do that... Its frowned upon...not by me....but you know by like "choir nerd" types..:p

Man, I was in the back seat of my Firebird convertible often. I was in the back seat of my IROC Z28 often. There is NO WAY I’m getting in the back seat of this new one. It’s barely big enough to put my brief case back there. (And no, that is not what you call an underwear suitcase)

They’re great! In the department of “Stuff I Like To Compare,” Paul’s pickups are a lot like a P90, and yet...different in frequency balance. Hard to put into words, so here are a couple of clips done with the bridge pickups on both. The first clip starts with P-90 and then goes into a humbucker part at the end. The second is done with Paul’s Guitar pickups.

594 Soapy (but there’s also a solo that starts halfway in on a different 594 with a humbucker):

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/messya-deux-v2

Paul’s Guitar pickups, same neck scale length as 594 (PS20Ltd):

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/pedaland-3

Not apples-to-apples, but gives an idea of tone differences. What I’m hearing is a more horn-like tone on the P-90s, especially on solos.

To me, these differences are a perfect reason everyone ought to have a 594 Soapbar AND a Paul’s Guitar. Kind of a win-win, right? :)

Wow! those guitars sound epic! Some seriously great tone! ...I wonder if I can buy a 594 in trampas green and quietly replace my CE24 without the wife noticing??? lol

Wow! those guitars sound epic! Some seriously great tone! ...I wonder if I can buy a 594 in trampas green and quietly replace my CE24 without the wife noticing??? lol

Haha! Sounds like a genius plan!

EDIT: Of course, you’ll need a PRS amp to go with...the first tracks were cut with a DG30 Custom, and the track with the Paul’s pickups was tracked with an HXDA. Big part of those tones, IMHO.

Just sayin’. ;)

Last edited:
Back