Rosie McSoapy vs 594 Soapbar

Granted, but they won’t kill you.

On the other hand, your significant other might kill you. So I guess the end result is about the same! ;)

PS, I’m pretty sure I’ve used up most of my nine lives...

Well fortunately for me, my Mrs is soon to be my ex-Mrs. So no worries there. And while I don’t plan on another Mrs, maybe ever, I’ve learned there are some unicorn ones out there. That actually want you to have nice guitars and such. So only if I catch one of those would there even be a chance of mrs #2.

PRS offers a rebate. Send in proof of purchase and they refund 3 lives. Buy 3 guitars and you're back to full capacity!

Do you have the address I send that too? I’ve been a daredevil a couple of times. Could probably use a few extra lives. I’m not sure how many I’ve used, but am confident I don’t have all 9 left.

Which reminds me. Anyone want to know the story about blowing a hole in my left (fretting) hand with 270v AC? I have pics and everything. I’ve actually seen the inside of my hand. And could see tendons and such. Kind of surreal.

Which reminds me. Anyone want to know the story about blowing a hole in my left (fretting) hand with 270v AC? I have pics and everything. I’ve actually seen the inside of my hand. And could see tendons and such. Kind of surreal.

Took off the tip of my right middle finger a few years ago......and I would pick with my thumb, index, and middle finger. So I quit playing for a few years. Had to completely relearn when I got back to it, but by then, I had learned how to use my ring finger for similar things. I was moving a car on a trailer after a track day, grabbed the wheel for leverage, and got it caught between teh spoke and caliper. Didn't realize it was that bad until I looked at it, and saw the bone sticking up with a bunch of meat around it. I have a pic, too, but I'm not gonig to post it.

Took off the tip of my right middle finger a few years ago......and I would pick with my thumb, index, and middle finger. So I quit playing for a few years. Had to completely relearn when I got back to it, but by then, I had learned how to use my ring finger for similar things. I was moving a car on a trailer after a track day, grabbed the wheel for leverage, and got it caught between teh spoke and caliper. Didn't realize it was that bad until I looked at it, and saw the bone sticking up with a bunch of meat around it. I have a pic, too, but I'm not gonig to post it.
Gross stories...fun!

Senior in high school, I was cutting wood with my dad out in the middle of nowhere AZ. I was cutting down a Mesquite tree when I hit a branch I didn't see behind the trunk and it kicked the saw out of the tree and the blade ran across my left leg just above the knee. I didn't feel anything and didn't think anything of it until I looked down and saw blood on my shoe. Stopped cutting and went to the truck to cut off my torn pants leg. That's when I saw the strings of flesh and muscle (chain saw teeth are open ended). We drove home and dad looked at the wound and said "That may need stitches but we'll wait till mom gets home to decide,(Mom was teaching school). Until then I'm just going to clean it up a little", and with that he poured a bottle of rubbing alcohol into the open wound. I passed out.

When mom got home she scolded my dad for waiting so long, packed me in the car, and went to the doc. But wait, it gets better. At the doctor's office he prepped for the stitches. He was going to cut the shreds of me off my leg and he put a tray of soapy pink looking water on the table with a sponge, and then left. The nurse came in and took blood pressure and stuff like that. Later the Doc came in and picked up the sponge and smacked it down on the wound and started scrubbing. When I jumped off the table and started yelling, he looked up and asked, "Didn't the nurse numb your leg?".

80 stitches later they let me go home.

Umm. Yeah. Wow. That one is def winning. I was helping my dad build a house. Was walking through the front yard. There was scrap wood out there. And the grass had grown up some. I stepped in a board with a nail sticking up. Came right through the top of my shoe. Luckily between my big and second toe, much like flip flops. I was probably 12 or so. Let out a curse word. Don’t remember which. Doubt it was an f bomb. Didn’t know my dad was right inside. I heard a, what did you say??!??? Said I’m not sure. But I just stepped on a nail and it went through my shoe. He came running and forgot about what I had said. Haha.

The hole in the hand story. I was at our church with a group helping replace fluorescent bulbs and ceiling tiles. One tile that needed to be replaced had an exit sign in the middle of it. It was in the middle of a hallway. We couldn’t find a breaker that turned it off. So another guy disconnects it.

We cut the tile and put it back. I am on a ladder leaned up against a wall using wire nuts to reconnect the light. I’m twisting the last connector, when it grabs me and won’t let go. I start yelling for help. Not sure exactly how, but the ladder falls away and I slide down the wall.

By that time people have shown up due to the noise. They ask if I’m okay. I’m like yeah, just need to sit here for a second. They ask again are you sure. I reply that I am okay. They ask one more time. Getting a bit frustrated, I throw up my hands and say yes I am fine. Someone asks about the hole in my hand. I proceed to look down and see a hole below my index finger. Not bleeding or anything. But fairly deep. Decide maybe I should seek medical help.

So we go to the ER. I show the lady at the desk the hole on my hand. She notes it and asks me to wait over there. They’re not that busy. And I’m thinking that seeing inside my hand should give me a bit of priority. Nope.

However me and the guy that drove me see a mutual friend. Start chatting. Don’t notice but a few drops of blood fall from my hand onto the floor. Someone comes by and asks who’s bleeding. Look down and realize it was me. I was in a room in no time. So lesson learned. If you need to get quick service at an ER, bleeding on the floor can help. ;)

Oh and I still don’t have full feeling in that finger. But I’ve mostly overcome it. I was never going to be a shred guy anyway. And now that isn’t probably an option anymore anyway.

So how is your Rosie McSoapy? Mine will be here later this week. :)
Congrats! I have a McSoapy but it doesn't have a rosewood neck. In fact it's all mahogany, body and neck (Standard). I LOVE it. I'm a hog fan anyway. Lots of midrange. A rosewood neck will also emphasize the midrange but in a different way to my ears. You do get the BIG advantage of a super smooth neck!

Be sure to let us know how you like it when it arrives! :)

Found it on reverb. It was at a Sam Ash in Florida. I sent an email asking about maybe doing some trading but got anxious and pulled the trigger. I was afraid someone like AP515 would beat me to it lol. Blue Matteo, 10 top, with birds. Pretty much how I would order it, if I could. Except maybe I would do faded blue jean. But Matteo was my Spanish name, so it was probably meant to be haha. Here’s a link for the pics.

Paul Reed Smith McCarty Soapbar Blue Matteo https://applink.reverb.com/item/12062958-paul-reed-smith-mccarty-soapbar-blue-matteo

That's a stunner, @Matte82 ! Good thing I didn't see it, I might have broken my promise to not buy a guitar until Experience in a few weeks!

Found it on reverb. It was at a Sam Ash in Florida. I sent an email asking about maybe doing some trading but got anxious and pulled the trigger. I was afraid someone like AP515 would beat me to it lol. Blue Matteo, 10 top, with birds. Pretty much how I would order it, if I could. Except maybe I would do faded blue jean. But Matteo was my Spanish name, so it was probably meant to be haha. Here’s a link for the pics.

Paul Reed Smith McCarty Soapbar Blue Matteo https://applink.reverb.com/item/12062958-paul-reed-smith-mccarty-soapbar-blue-matteo

Dude! Killer score with that one!!

Thanks. I’m excited to get it. It will complete phase one of my PRS geek out. I bought an SE EG that need some work. Liked it so I bought a 513, and while it wasn’t right for me, made me want to find “my” PRS. So sold the 513 and bought the 594. Made me want something with p90’s. Did some research and decided on to wait keep my out for a Rosie McSoapy. So found a nice SE SC245 to hold its place until I found Rosie. Little did I know just a week or two later....

Anyway this place and these guitars are damn addicting. Where’s the nearest rehab? Experience??? Haha. ;) only wish I could go. I’ll make it one year.

Let's look at the equation. Money for new guitar= no trip to experience. Trill to experience = less money for guitars.......I'd say it's a no brainer until you sell me the McSoapie.

Thanks. I’m excited to get it. It will complete phase one of my PRS geek out. I bought an SE EG that need some work. Liked it so I bought a 513, and while it wasn’t right for me, made me want to find “my” PRS. So sold the 513 and bought the 594. Made me want something with p90’s. Did some research and decided on to wait keep my out for a Rosie McSoapy. So found a nice SE SC245 to hold its place until I found Rosie. Little did I know just a week or two later....

Anyway this place and these guitars are damn addicting. Where’s the nearest rehab? Experience??? Haha. ;) only wish I could go. I’ll make it one year.

Rehab? You mean Reverb, don't you. Always more to buy!

Rehab? You mean Reverb, don't you. Always more to buy!

Yeah reverb may be the death of me. Haha. Luckily I’m not married anymore. But I do feel strangely satisfied right now. I have killer humbucker, p90, and single coil guitars. Can cover a lot of territory. I’ll eventually upgrade the SE EG to either a Usa EG, or more likely a 509 with a rosewood neck. There was a nice one of those I saw a while back. Anyway I also have my first guitar, an import strat clone mutt, that I put a rosewood neck on. So it’s filling that spot quite well until I recover some funds. Anyway until then, I think I may be done buying for a while. I’ll post some pics asap.

(And now that I’ve said I’m done, cue me buying another before July gets here lol)

She showed up today. :) Haven’t had a chance to really plug it in, but did plug it into my computer and use supermodels for a quick check. Sounded nice. I was afraid it might be higher output than it is. Or at least I think so. Didn’t have another guitar with me to compare. Hopefully tomorrow I can do a more thorough check. So far I’ve been tweaking the set up a bit. And I know this is useless without pics. Give me a few mins to get them uploaded.

hrlvTWQ.jpg

Back