RIP Scott Weiland

I couldn't believe it when I heard about this. I liked STP and I loved Velvet Revolver. I know he had his troubles but I still think he was one hell of a performer. RIP

Sad. I remember that guy from time to time and always remember Velvet Revolver. Oh man that slither song was awsome. RIP Scott.

STP had a huge influence on me. 1990-1994 was probably my most influential time writing music. Scott was a ridiculously good front man and great writer. I don't think he had the best voice in the world(though I love his voice), but he utilized what he had in an incredible way. Big loss to me, even if I wasn't really into what he'd been doing lately. RIP Scott.

Oh hell, not here too!
If you have a problem with the thread - don't click on it! Problem solved.

Sure, another drug addict musician swooned over.
Let's hear how he died to soon, how influential he was,
If he had died playing Russian roulette, would you still be so saddened? Because that is exactly what he did!
Let's be saddened by the lives taken by drug cartels keeping the drugs coming into this country.....Scott's drugs, Hendrix's drugs, Amy Winehouse's drugs, Whitney Houston's drugs...even my own brother's drugs, hell my brother found his roommate dead from an overdose last night.....so yeah, I'm gonna say something on this thread.

If he had died playing Russian roulette, would you still be so saddened?

Yes, of course. His friends and family members would be just as sad, and the same with the people who admired his work.

Drugs aren't good. I lost a 19 year old niece to drugs last year. In fact, she had just gotten out of rehab. We all hoped it'd take. It didn't.

Her family - that includes me - still loved her, and still misses her. It makes no sense whatsoever to castigate people for their expressing sadness or sympathy over a loss. On the contrary, it just makes the person doing the criticizing look bad.

Despite the emotion shown in your post, it's really inappropriate. We all understand that drug use is a bad choice. And we know why.

But it's still OK to miss the person, miss the talent that is lost, and at the same time oppose drug use, or any other activity that causes needless loss of life.

A flaw does not invalidate a person's life.

Last edited:
Sure, another drug addict musician swooned over.
Let's hear how he died to soon, how influential he was,
If he had died playing Russian roulette, would you still be so saddened? Because that is exactly what he did!
Let's be saddened by the lives taken by drug cartels keeping the drugs coming into this country.....Scott's drugs, Hendrix's drugs, Amy Winehouse's drugs, Whitney Houston's drugs...even my own brother's drugs, hell my brother found his roommate dead from an overdose last night.....so yeah, I'm gonna say something on this thread.
Yeah, and this thread is for people who admired his work. Quite frankly, I don't give a sh!t if you're tired of threads about musicians who were addicts and have died. I admired his work and am sad he's gone. I don't respect his life decisions but that doesn't change the fact that the music influenced me. It wouldn't matter how he died, I'd still be upset regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the decisions he made in his personal life. Those decisions have no impact on whether I like or dislike music.

Like I said, it's easy....don't click on the thread. If I see something I have zero interest in, I skip the thread. At the very least, I don't comment and disrespect the members here who do care. There's a comment just like yours in every thread like this. You're wasting everyone's time in this thread. How bout you go and tell everyone who posts a NGD what you don't like about their new guitar? Yeah, because it's rude. Thanks a bunch for your input:rolleyes:

You know what, one of my best friend's brother died last year from a heroine OD. He made bad choices. Despite those choices, he was a great guy. Nicest guy you'd ever meet. He was an incredible chef and very talented. Give you the shirt off his back to help anyone in need. Unfortunately he couldn't help himself. Drugs suck.

My prayers go to his wife and his children having lost a beloved husband and daddy by sudden, and to his relatives.
Plush, Sour Girl, Vasoline, and Interstate Love Song will remain as evergreens.
He enriched with an unique voice and entertaining attitute and stage performance, comparative to young Axl Rose swirling in front of the crowd.

Layne Staley - another singer of one of my all time bands - passed away due to drug misuse, too. There are some things that occure from time to time.

It´s kinda curse, that a few artists can´t resist. Trying rehab, relapsing - maybe caused by the circumstances of their way of living. Live hard like there is no tomorrow.
Stones´ Mick and Keith are still alive, and in fact they got through drug abuse, too.
Anyways. Scott´s death ain´t a deterrence staying away from drugs (even being boozed up every day).
A few month ago I noticed Zakk Wylde statement that he practices Yoga and drinks tea instead of tons of beer or else according to medical advice.
But: It´s their decision.

Scott passed away, the music he was involved in not.
A form of consolation would be for his relatives, that there a lot guys outside who will be shaken in a positive way when they hear his music.

Back