RIP Allen Holdsworth

Very glad & thankful I got to see & meet him at a tiny gig a few years ago. He was amazing to watch play and very amusing answering questions:)
I was also lucky enough to buy one of his old 2x12 cabinets a while back...
He was one of a kind for sure...

Sucks, I don't think anyone saw this coming. :(

Even if someone isn't a huge fan, his influence is undeniable. Just about every big guitarist was inspired by him.

I was a fan since the early 70s. Really liked the band Tempest. Also, got to see him perform quite a few times at NAMM, especially as a Carvin endorser.
RIP.

He was always an innovator. Huge influence in many ways. It seems like there were articles about him all the time in Guitar Player and Guitar World throughout the '70s and '80s. Big loss.

More sad news in the music world. I thought he was an amazing player, and in every interview I ever saw or heard or read he always seemed like a nice man. May he Rest In Peace.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Yep, very good guy. And awesome talent of course. Restless soul though; one could easily say he kinda sabotaged himself on a regular basis. I'm glad I got to see him with U.K. as well as doing his own bands.

I missed this information that really saddens me :(

More than its astounding technique, I retain especially its creativity and its faculty to create such atmospheres, such universes! : an extraterrestrial !

The worst part is that, although most famous guitarists quote him as an incontestable master, he has had a difficult career:
. And there, to be obliged to Mortgage his house to self-produce an album,
. And there, to accept to play a little with anyone to be able to pay the bills ...

Rest in peace you deserved it ... and thank you again for your musical universes that you will have offered us !

Last edited:
Back