Reverb for Archon

GoBlue

Hi, I'm new here and a new Archon 50 watt head owner as well. I'm looking for some input on a reverb pedal for it. So far just from watching the youtube demo's the ones I like are the Mad Professor Silver Spring reverb, T.C. Hall of Fame, MXR Reverb, and the T-Rex Creamer. I don't like the ambient or dripping wet reverb. I like a really nice subtle reverb. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm new here and a new Archon 50 watt head owner as well. I'm looking for some input on a reverb pedal for it. So far just from watching the youtube demo's the ones I like are the Mad Professor Silver Spring reverb, T.C. Hall of Fame, MXR Reverb, and the T-Rex Creamer. I don't like the ambient or dripping wet reverb. I like a really nice subtle reverb. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I had the Hall Of Fame in front of my Archon 50w head. I really liked it. I'm using an H9 now, which I also like. I grabbed a Strymon Blue Sky at a good used price before Christmas for my other board. It's on there, but theme it turned Arctic in Chicago and I lost all motivation to do anything.

Running a Strymon Flint thru the effects loop of my Pentaluma. 3 Reverb modes: Spring/70's/80's; Added bonus of three(3) different tremolo modes too...Plus you can 'favorite' a default reverb setting and use the 'tap switch' for a 2nd. One pedal=Done.

I use a Free The Tone Ambi Space in FX loop of my Archon 100. It does spring, plate, room, etc. and although it can do the big wash ambience stuff very well it has very subtle “always on” thing that doesn’t mess-up your tone. There are some good clips online. Expensive but I preferred it to Strymon for the subtle effects and it has very low noise which is essential in FX loop of high power head that is otherwise near silent.

Strymon Flint. Or go all out and get the new Source Audio Ventris.

I've used a few, currently have the MXR and very satisfied. Lots of under the hood options, but also very easy to just use the basics. The PAD effect is a glorious shimmer too, a nice bonus. But the spring and plate verbs are the main ones I use, and they're very good. Personally... I wouldn't spend more than 2 bills on a reverb pedal. Unless you're going to hit single notes and sit and listen to the decay, I don't feel the added nuances of more expensive pedals will be that audible with normal playing. Would also recommend looking at the TC HOF 2, it has a shimmer mode and their pedals are just cool, especially with the toneprint ability. Only thing I dislike about their gear is that their modulation is often too much on reverb and delay.

What? Then what you need is a big metal pipe. Just put your Mic at the other end. That will be good enough for any wolverine fan. Unless you meant the boots. :D

Lots of good suggestions here.

i won't add any specific models, but rather say:

When listening to youtube demos, be wary that the subtle sound you seem to be looking for may not be demonstrated properly (or at all). But also keep in mind that any reverb pedal that sounds good at fuller reverb settings will probably be very acceptable at those more subtle settings you are looking for.

Lots of good suggestions here.

i won't add any specific models, but rather say:

When listening to youtube demos, be wary that the subtle sound you seem to be looking for may not be demonstrated properly (or at all). But also keep in mind that any reverb pedal that sounds good at fuller reverb settings will probably be very acceptable at those more subtle settings you are looking for.

Thanks, never thought about that.

yeah, the one time of year I root for them, the didn't look very good.

Back