Replace Volume Pot PRS SE custom 24

Roby84

Hi I'm Roberto from Italy! Nice to meet you!
I play the guitar since 1998 but only now I bought a PRS guitar.....

I have buy a PRS SE CUSTOM 24.... but this is my problem:

The volume pot is "cheap" and scratch when rotating... I've tried to clean it with deoxidizer for electrical components but "nada".... no way.... don't work.
So, I've Think to replace it....

SO....this is my question:

I want to replace the SE VOLUME POT (ACC-4507) with the "original" pot of the core-series made in usa, that is ACC-4111.

My question is: the ACC-4111 Volume Pot (mounted in core-series) is fit to my PRS SE (Korean-series)???

Thank you very much indeed and sorry for my horrible English... ;-)

Hi I'm Roberto from Italy! Nice to meet you!
I play the guitar since 1998 but only now I bought a PRS guitar.....

I have buy a PRS SE CUSTOM 24.... but this is my problem:

The volume pot is "cheap" and scratch when rotating... I've tried to clean it with deoxidizer for electrical components but "nada".... no way.... don't work.
So, I've Think to replace it....

SO....this is my question:

I want to replace the SE VOLUME POT (ACC-4507) with the "original" pot of the core-series made in usa, that is ACC-4111.

My question is: the ACC-4111 Volume Pot (mounted in core-series) is fit to my PRS SE (Korean-series)???

Thank you very much indeed and sorry for my horrible English... ;-)

If I recall correctly, the core pot is a tad wider and you would need to drill out the hole for it. Which is possible and not a bad thing to do IF you know what you're doing. Otherwise, have a tech do it, or go for an Alpha pot, which is a direct drop in. Make sure you put the treble bleed cap on! Part of the user friendliness of a PRS, as it keeps the tone the same at all volumes.

If you really want to have some fun, get a push-pull pot so you can wire the neck pickup split coil to the volume pot, then you can split pickups independently.

if you are going to enlarge the hole, carefully use a reamer not a drill.. look on you tube you'll see some vids of techs doing pot mods.

The SE guitars already come with Alpha pots. The USA spec pot requires a larger hole. I've had success with a bit of sandpaper wrapped around the shaft of a screwdriver.

The push/pull volume idea is a good one. Nearly all of them use the skinnier shaft size, so will drop right in. I am a big fan of individual coil splits.

I've just swapped the pots on my santana se.
Alpha pots need 8 mm holes, while standard cts pots need 10 mm holes.
On mine, as I swapped the pickups too with a gibson 57/57+ set, I used two PP pots in order to have coil split...
PP pots need 7mm holes ...

Btw .. alpha pots were 560 k vol and 450 k tone so at the very limit of 10% tolerance
ALL CTS pots I bought over the years were about 450 k...
PP pots were about 440/450 k too...
The worst I found were a pair of gibson branded 440k that, when tested, are not even at 250k....
Luckily I found out time ago how to "trim" pot to the value you need and usually I made mine all around 500k.

;)

Last edited:
i've heard of a pot licker put not a pot scraper , that is quite a unique operation ,.love it,

Thanks to you for answers!!!!

definitely I have buy a DiMarzio EP1201 Custom Taper Pot 500K....

The push/pull volume idea is a good one... maybe for the future...

Thanks to all!

Back