Rehearsed with my new P245

elvis

Hamfisted String Banger
For starters, I was excited to be able to play some acoustic-y tones, but wanted to keep it simple. So I played everything through my Archon 100 and G System. Second, I was comparing the P245 to my SC245 as a replacement.

I had not been super happy with the 58/15s at home, as they are richer and therefore less tight than the Cold Sweats I typically use in LP-type guitars.

So rehearsal...

The piezo sounded really decent even through the Archon. Not so much acoustic as different from standard clean, which made it stand out a bit more on songs where acoustic is appropriate. I will take the next step and try adding a Bodyrez pedal and maybe a clean preamp, bypassing the Archon preamp entirely.

The 58/15s were not bad with the band. They were not super tight, but they were very clear. You could hear them quite well, so I'm going to hang with them for a while and see if I bond.

Overall, the guitar played and felt GREAT, though I will adjust the action a bit. Also, I really liked having just the one volume and tone, plus I found switching between mag and piezo easy enough. I may go to dual-wireless and a switching scheme. Not sure yet.

Great guitar, glad I picked it up.

Been rehearsing and gigging this guitar. Still sticking with the 58/15s, they actually sound good, if less tight than other pickups I am used to.

The piezo also works well, and I've been able to EQ it to sound really good through my rig.

The single volume is AWESOME.

Dual wireless P22 here also. I traded my Zoom acoustic modeling pedal, TC Bodyrez, and in fact my entire effects setup, for a Line 6 Helix.
I do not use the Helix for amp modeling, strictly effects and amp switching for my Mesa MKV. I now use the second processing path in the Helix with some of the 3 Sigma Audio acoustic IR files to make the piezo truly sound like a mic'd acoustic (into the PA). Really the only thing it gives up now is the strumming feel is a bit weird on hard-strummed acoustic parts, thanks to the light strings. The P22 sounds better than my cheap Takamine A/E does through the IR's. I use the snapshot feature on the Helix to do the mag/piezo switching, as well as all the amp channel and FX switching. No matter how complex the FX/Amp/signal switch, I can do it with one button push. You do have to put in some programming time up front to have presets for each of your songs with all the changes planned.

For starters, I was excited to be able to play some acoustic-y tones, but wanted to keep it simple. So I played everything through my Archon 100 and G System. Second, I was comparing the P245 to my SC245 as a replacement.

I had not been super happy with the 58/15s at home, as they are richer and therefore less tight than the Cold Sweats I typically use in LP-type guitars.

So rehearsal...

The piezo sounded really decent even through the Archon. Not so much acoustic as different from standard clean, which made it stand out a bit more on songs where acoustic is appropriate. I will take the next step and try adding a Bodyrez pedal and maybe a clean preamp, bypassing the Archon preamp entirely.

The 58/15s were not bad with the band. They were not super tight, but they were very clear. You could hear them quite well, so I'm going to hang with them for a while and see if I bond.

Overall, the guitar played and felt GREAT, though I will adjust the action a bit. Also, I really liked having just the one volume and tone, plus I found switching between mag and piezo easy enough. I may go to dual-wireless and a switching scheme. Not sure yet.

Great guitar, glad I picked it up.
Hi do you know how the piaza sounds and combines on a hollow body 11 6 string with 57 15 pups i would like one very much but the big dealers have no stock and are not re ordering them does anyone know why ? Is there some issues ? Or something i need to know

Hi do you know how the piaza sounds and combines on a hollow body 11 6 string with 57 15 pups i would like one very much but the big dealers have no stock and are not re ordering them does anyone know why ? Is there some issues ? Or something i need to know
Unfortunately the P245 is discontinued.

There are some P245`s for sale from Japan, but they`re not giving them away. It`s always about numbers in sales. My #1 is a Swamp Ash Special. It has not been the best selling PRS, so it is also discontinued. It`s a ***** of a guitar for me.

There are some P245`s for sale from Japan, but they`re not giving them away. It`s always about numbers in sales. My #1 is a Swamp Ash Special. It has not been the best selling PRS, so it is also discontinued. It`s a ***** of a guitar for me.
Hi i have located 2 in Engand with discount so you think the only reason for the model being discontinued is that its not popular or the concept of piaza is not appealing enough ?

I hate to sound like a grammar/format Nazi, but please slow down and look at what you type. Your post feels like you are out of breath and can't speak clearly. "piezo", not "piaza". There is no such thing as "57 15" pickups - did you mean "58/15"? They HB II comes with 58/15 LTs, which are different yet again.

Are you asking about the availability of a Hollowbody II (double capital "i", not "1") (6-string) with piezo? They still should be available. If your dealers won't order one, find new dealers, unless they know something we don't. It is still listed as a model on the PRS Product website.

hi so whats the reason its discontinued just not popular or its sound
As PRSh says, "if you don't buy them, we won't make them". The P245 presumably did not sell in sufficient quantities. I have one, and it is a quality instrument, so it just didn't have a big enough market, I guess.

hi so whats the reason its discontinued just not popular or its sound
Certainly not the sound as it has some fantastic pups along with excellent piezo.
Paul is quite famous for saying that if we buy them he will make them, so that says to me that a 22 fret double cut sold more.

I hate to sound like a grammar/format Nazi, but please slow down and look at what you type. Your post feels like you are out of breath and can't speak clearly. "piezo", not "piaza". There is no such thing as "57 15" pickups - did you mean "58/15"? They HB II comes with 58/15 LTs, which are different yet again.

Are you asking about the availability of a Hollowbody II (double capital "i", not "1") (6-string) with piezo? They still should be available. If your dealers won't order one, find new dealers, unless they know something we don't. It is still listed as a model on the PRS Product website.
sorry i only started to learn english 6 months ago so have some understanding and kindness but thank you for correcting me

sorry i only started to learn english 6 months ago so have some understanding and kindness but thank you for correcting me
Hi The model of Hollowbody i am concidering buying has 58/ 15 TM pups not LTs is that what you meant? Or are there 2 options ? Thank you

Hi The model of Hollowbody i am concidering buying has 58/ 15 TM pups not LTs is that what you meant? Or are there 2 options ? Thank you
As far as I know: The 2016 model year HB IIs came with 58/15 pickups. The 2017 model has the 58/15 LTs. So you must be looking at a 2016 or maybe earlier model.

And I suppose a dealer can do a special order with different pickups, if PRS allows it, although the HB line seems to be pretty limited in Pickups to whatever is "standard issue".

Back