Regular production McCarty 594?

Someone posted pictures of the compared thickness between a McCarty and the 594. The 594 was a few millimeters thicker and it was noticeable, especially around the jack input plate.

That actually sounds ideal for a DC, thanks!

I received my 594 yesterday. It's the Artist version with Indian Rosewood neck and Ebony board.
I also have a 2014 '59 Historic Les Paul.
While there is definitely similarities between the two they are quite different. I like them both.
The split tones on the 594 are very usable due to the low wound pickups. Great clarity.
Additional pictures:
http://s499.photobucket.com/user/davep9271/slideshow/594

Hype is blowing up my brains :eek:

Just beautiful Dave. I concur completely with your LP comparison and the usefulness of the splits on the 594. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks tiboy, I noticed you have a PS version. Would love to see it.
The options vary quite a bit on these.
You have the Private Stock, the regular non 10 top, 10 top, Artist, Artist with rosewood or maple neck, brazilian or ebony, then you have your deal spec'd version with "Wood Library" top and zirka rosewood or mahogany neck and on and on.
Makes pricing one of these all over the map.

Is Wood Library graded over an Artist? Or is it the only difference the fact the dealer can choose?
Another question on these. What is that nut made out of? Doesn't feel like bone.
Is it a white version of the original teflon nut?

Last edited:
I received my 594 yesterday. It's the Artist version with Indian Rosewood neck and Ebony board.
While there is definitely similarities between the two they are quite different. I like them both.
The split tones on the 594 are very usable due to the low wound pickups. Great clarity.
Additional pictures:

Stunning, congrats
It's the same wood combo as my 513 AP, how long was the waiting period?

Additional pictures:

:eek:Gorgeous!!! And a crackwood neck! WANT!!!:eek:
What about the nut? Is it a new material or the usual core just in a different color? It's an unusual sight on a PRS.

Stunning, congrats
It's the same wood combo as my 513 AP, how long was the waiting period?

No wait period on this one. I was checking the dealer websites, Reverb, and eBay and stumbled upon this one.
I liked the wood combination, color and top so I jumped on it. I don't like ordering sight unseen. It takes weeks if not months sometimes and you're never really sure what the end result are going to look like.

juka: not sure what the nut is. Feels like the regular nut only in white. Maybe PRS will jump in and tell us.

There are several wood library versions of the 594 for sale over at Dave's Guitar in Wisconsin........beauties. Some with rosewood necks and other with mahogany necks.

What about the nut? Is it a new material or the usual core just in a different color? It's an unusual sight on a PRS.
I believe it's a bone nut. I don't recall where I saw, or heard, it. May have been a YT clip.

I believe it's a bone nut. I don't recall where I saw, or heard, it. May have been a YT clip.
The PS GOTM definitely has a bone nut, it's mentioned in the Bryan Ewald review. Not sure if that carried over to the production model.

Additional pictures:

Gorgeous, and one of my favorite PRS colors of all time.

I just confirmed through PRS customer service. (Thanks Sean)
It is a bone nut with V12 finish.

Back