Recommendation for small tube amp

I always take my 96 CU22 amp shopping. It is a sweet guitar through almost every amp i put through the paces but a recent standout is the Orange Jim Root "4" amp. It's in the Terror family but based on the Rockerverb hi-gain platform.. Surprisingly versatile regarding cleans and enough gain on tap for anyone's appetite. You should at least give it a listen!

I have a Bad Cat Cub 1x12 that is awesome for home rehearsing. 15w/7w and reverb that is to die for.

+1 on this being an awesome amp, though not very gainy. I had the 2x10, and if it would have had reverb, I would still have it. Loved that thing, though.

+1 on this being an awesome amp, though not very gainy. I had the 2x10, and if it would have had reverb, I would still have it. Loved that thing, though.

I bought mine over the summer, wished they still made it in a 2x10. Reverb was a pricey upgrade but totally worth it. Yea the gain might leave something to be desired, but nothing a couple good stomps can't fix!

I currently have the Vox Lil Night Train and the Kustom Defender 5H. I love the Vox and use it 95% of the time. I'm actually looking into selling the Kustom to buy another Lil Night Train or I might step up to the Night Train.
The Lil Nightrain has a boat load of mojo & really fun to play.

I have a Bad Cat Cub 1x12 that is awesome for home rehearsing. 15w/7w and reverb that is to die for.
I should try one. Maybe throw one of those new Bogner pedals in front for rippin' high gain. I love my Hot Cats.

I should try one. Maybe throw one of those new Bogner pedals in front for rippin' high gain. I love my Hot Cats.

You sir have read my mind. Bogner AND Boogie coming out with a line of pedals in the same month, not good for my wallet. Great for my TONE!!!

Wow, Thanks guys for all the info I will go and check them all out on the web.

Im looking for something with a good tone for playing blues and rock but nothing too heavy... Budget is around 500 pounds (800.00USD)

Cheers

Back