Random Musings ...

Bald Guys;

In my travels around the pubs and just ordinary stuff, I see so many guys in their '20s, 30's and '40s who are as bald as a billiard ball. I don't remember that when I was of similar age. Nothing wrong with it, but I guess the generation(s) after me have a lot of DHT. I'm almost 60 and my hair is halfway down my back ... no bald spots, no gray and no white ... thx Mom.

If I was putting together an all-star band, this is who I would include ...

Female Vocals ... Emmylou, Nicolette Carlson, Patty Loveless
Male Vocals ... Bobby Osborne, John Duffy, Dwight, Vince Gill
Guitar ... Clarence White, Doc Watson, George Shuffler
Banjo ... Alan Munde, Carl Jackson
Pedal Steel ... Buddy Emmons, Bill Keith
Mandolin ... Jesse McReyolds
Fiddle ... Kenny Baker, Byron Berline
Bass & Drums Don't know, not my area of expertise

Hmmm, this is really country and bluegrass oriented ... everything changes if Hank is available
Have to do one for Rock

Women;

If your in a pub/bar a woman is going to decide within 30 seconds if she is interested or not. Just read the body language. I find it endlessly amusing watching guys who have no hope acting like little puppies looking for a pat on the head or a biscuit. If she is interested in you, and you spend a just little time chatting, she will always come back.

Chris;

Man, I really enjoyed the clips of Chris playing. I don't know him from Adam but it was sweet and really impressive. What I liked is that he served the song, not just the guitar ... way cool.
I would love for him to do a couple of songs near and dear to my heart ...

The Balltrap .... Rod Stewart
Help Me ... Mainline

ok, that's all.
take care.

Last edited:
40 and it's all gone. I blame stuff in the food additives and environment...

I've developed a bald patch only in the last few years, and I'm old. So I went to the doctor, with, "This is crazy, I've had hair all my life, even when my friends lost theirs. It must be my medications!"

He laughed at me.

"You realize that this is what is called male pattern baldness, right?" he said with a smirk. I've known him a long time, and we can talk to each other like that.

He has hair plugs. LOL

Then he warned me that before too long I won't be able to have sex, so get it while I can.

Oh, great, thanks for that. Growing old is SUCH fun!

Last edited:
If I was putting together an all-star bald band, this is who I'd include...

Guitar: Joe Satriani
Bass: Tony Levin
Drums: Danny Seraphine
Keys: Jordan Rudess

I think those guys could get up to some interesting shenanigans. No singer (or hair) needed.

thanx for naming danny seraphine. what an amazing, and amazingly underated drummer, bald or with hair!

When you say Chris to you mean Crgtr?? I had the pleasure of jamming with Chris for two days in March.... Good times and a good guy (bad snow driver perhaps!!!!) Wish my singing could have done those songs justice!! Lol

Fortunately, I seem to have gotten the good hair retention genes from my father's side of the family. He's in his mid-70s and no signs of hair loss. My cousin is a year younger than me and he's really thinning out now.

My wife likes my hair.

That's about the only thing she likes, but at least it's something.

thanx for naming danny seraphine. what an amazing, and amazingly underated drummer, bald or with hair!

Definitely agree! He's a master of playing tastefully all around the beat and still keeping a solid groove. I don't think anyone else plays quite like he does.

When you say Chris to you mean Crgtr?? I had the pleasure of jamming with Chris for two days in March.... Good times and a good guy (bad snow driver perhaps!!!!) Wish my singing could have done those songs justice!! Lol

Yes. I feel an affinity for his playing, singing and stage presence. I think we have similar sensibilities.
For the record, no offence meant to the bald chaps. There are a lot of good-looking bald guys out and about and it looks fine. I'm on the trailing edge of the hippie generation so I've always had long(ish) hair and glad to keep it (for as long as I can). Seems to me, that if you make it to 60 with your hair intact, you should get a free pass from then on.

Last edited:
My brother was pretty bald by the time he was 18, and I was 14 at the time, so I grew my hair long. By the time I was 19 I had this funny curly short hair on top and long hair on the sides, it looked terrible. So, I cut it short, have had basically the same hair style for 17 years now, except my widow's peaks are slowly joining an ever increasing bald spot.

Back