Push push coil tap

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I've got one prs guitar that has a push push on tone instead of push pull. I really like this feature as it allows me to use the coil tap on the fly with greater ease.

I seem to struggle pulling up while playing so this seems to be a better alternative. I struggle with a lot of things now that I'm an older guy. Kind of crazy how the farther north of 50 you get the more things become difficult.

Just a random observation.

I seem to struggle pulling up while playing so this seems to be a better alternative. I struggle with a lot of things now that I'm an older guy. Kind of crazy how the farther north of 50 you get the more things become difficult.

Just a random observation.

Not random! I have the same issue, but I think I like the small toggle switches more. I had them on my Sig Ltd. and really liked using them.

Not random! I have the same issue, but I think I like the small toggle switches more. I had them on my Sig Ltd. and really liked using them.

I'm with Les. I'm a mini toggle fan. If I were doing anything but playing in the house, I'd probably mod a couple more to that set up.

Wait, we're talking about knob pulling :confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O
I'm leaving that alone. Low hanging fruit...:rolleyes::D

Toggle switches are nice for guitars built to use them, but the push-push is WAY easier than a push-pull. Chris Reynolds sold me on that concept years ago and it's super easy to use live...even outdoors with sweaty hands.

I have an SC245 57/08 with two push/push tone pots. That and my Pauls' Guitar are the only ones I can use live and get the single coil sounds easily during a song. I love push/push, but greatly prefer the two mini switches.

I've replaced push-pull with push-push on all my guitars. So much better. I also have a siggy ltd with the mini toggles. I think either is fine but really don't like push-pull.

So why PRS don't switch to that option? Isn't reliable enough? So many are switching to this mod with no complaints. Any thoughts?

So why PRS don't switch to that option? Isn't reliable enough? So many are switching to this mod with no complaints. Any thoughts?
Paul has stated that they are not reliable enough to put on his guitars.
They break, and the last thing he wants is an artist to have an issue in the middle of a gig that prevents him or her from performing.

Paul has stated that they are not reliable enough to put on his guitars.
They break, and the last thing he wants is an artist to have an issue in the middle of a gig that prevents him or her from performing.
Can't argue with that.

Back