PTC Prowess

Is Jade green and mammoth birds available through PTC?

HAHA only boards that are available on production models can be swapped and sadly that doesn't include mammoth! :congrats: on the attempt, though!

Was the White/red PRS with Floyd on the PRS twitter a PTC job?
It is unreal! I won't post pictures, I don't want to steal anyones thunder

Was the White/red PRS with Floyd on the PRS twitter a PTC job?
It is unreal! I won't post pictures, I don't want to steal anyones thunder

Yep that was ours. He sent it in for the Floyd install and then later decided he wanted a white burst to go with it. It's wild looking!

I could not stop looking at it!
It doesn't look real at first its so bright and vibrant
Another amazing job you guys did on it

I really want to send my ce24 for birds

Last edited:
I don't need a custom inlay I just have Old Birds on the guitar I wanted to send in and wanted to make sure that if I replaced the fret board the new fb would have old birds as well

I don't need a custom inlay I just have Old Birds on the guitar I wanted to send in and wanted to make sure that if I replaced the fret board the new fb would have old birds as well

If my memory serves me right I dont think they are able to transplant birds from an old board onto a new one.

Here is a new project we recently completed.

I'm not sure how it happened, but the neck and fretboard on this 513 had been cracked into several pieces.
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Scott pulled it all apart and removed the fretboard
3-1.jpg

He then started piecing it all back together
4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Of course the guitar was re-fretted
6-1.jpg

And while we were at it, the owner decided on a color change to Charcoal with Black back.
8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

Amazing work. Just amazing. PTC rules. Compare that to: I sent an acoustic back to Gibson for a warranty repair and they said they didn't know how to remove the bridge without destroying the guitar.

The work is great Shawn ... But ... Wouldn't it have been easier, stornger, faster, sturdier ... and less expensive to just replace the whole neck and fretboard?

Back