PTC Project- '86 Swirl

That was a fun thread. Very interesting to see the progress as it occurrred. I have sufficient experience with PTC to know personally how great their work can be. thanks for sharing Shawn. My PS #'s 139 and 1669 have benefitted from the PTC magic in past years.

#139 (2000)

139.jpg

#1669 (2008)

1669.jpg

that looks amazing really vibrant, spanking new and I bet it sings after being set up by the best

I stopped the UPS guy on the road about a mile from my house this morning, and there it was. Then I waited until I was done with work before opening the box. This was not as easy as it sounds since it was about 5 feet away from me for about 4 hours. At long last, I just opened it up an I am truly floored. All the little details are just as I remembered them in '86. The guitar looks brand new. As I watched it all come together I was wondering how my old, beat up, magical sounding T and B pickups would look against the newly re-finished shiny yellow body. I don't know how they did it, but even the pickups look new! I have never been so impressed with customer service, workmanship or communication in my life. You guys ROCK!
Excuse me for now - I think I have to go grab a guitar cable...

I'm glad you're happy with the work Kenny. Thank you for being so easy to work with, you've been very gracious in allowing us to post pics and share this with the rest of the world!
Now you can pass down the guitar to the neck generation so it can get the living snot played out of it again. :)

Not 'til I play the hell out of it first!
Yeah, actually it's so damn perfect right now I'm going to put most of my mileage on my pearl white '87 with birds. (Until I send that one to you - LOL)

Shawn. What happened to the pictures? I get a message that they got deleted from Photobucket. This looks like a great thread and would be great to have the pictures again.

my photobucket account was getting a little cluttered so I rearranged photos into their own "albums", this must have screwed up the posted links. I'll try to go back and recreate the original posts with photos. if that doesn't work, I'll just make a new post in the end with all of the photos.

Yup....once you "organize" your photobucket album and move the photos from one location to a new location, all the existing links are broken and you get the "picture moved or deleted" message.

the guitar is owned by a dear friend of mine, who was also my guitar teacher for many years....He is not a celebrity, but he can give most pro guitar players a run for their money....

Back