PTC Project- '86 Swirl

Great work Shawn and the rest of the team. Love the epoxy fix, I'll have to remember that one.

Hope you manage to keep to old logo, it's the main thing about my '93 Cu22 that would stop me getting it resprayed in a colour that would show the quilt 10 off much better than Royal Blue (nice though it is).

Last edited:
Update photos.

basecoat has been sprayed (but not sanded yet). It looks like Scott is going to be able to save the original logo.
poly1.jpg

The bridge area has been repaired and is ready to sand flat.
poly2.jpg

Last edited:
It keeps getting better and better. I'm really happy to hear that Scott is goint to be able to save the logo. It's clear to see that your team is living up to its stellar reputation. Way to go!

Nice! I get excited whenever I see a "little" logo, and the epoxy work on the trem cavity turned out very well.

New updates are here, new updates are here!

news.jpg

Our friends in Private Stock are giving us a hand. Here Brian is scraping back the paint from the original logo. He works with such skill that only the paint sitting directly on top of the logo is removed.
IMG_1395-1.jpg

There is no existing paint code, so this was hand mixed to match the original.
IMG_1397-1.jpg

The bridge area re-hab still amazes me!
IMG_1398-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what kind of work usually goes into your restorations, but I am completely blown away by the work you are putting into my ax. I did not imagine before I sent this guitar to you the amount of expertise that the project would require, or that your team would be willing to put into it. Seriously, you guys are knocking it out of the park. Thanks for the thrill ride!

They're wizards, Harry...;) I wish my old Lester could be revived like this. Sending it to Nashville wouldn't hold nearly the confidence as sending it to Stevensville.

They're wizards, Harry...;) I wish my old Lester could be revived like this. Sending it to Nashville wouldn't hold nearly the confidence as sending it to Stevensville.
Would be pretty funny to find a pic of the PTC team and photoshop some really long wizard beards on them:D

Back