PTC-Premier Guitar Magazine

Surprisingly, no one here is, well, surprised! :D Congratulations to Shawn and the whole PTC crew for getting the accolades they deserve. :rock:

PG just released a photo on their facebook page

ptc.png

Several months ago Premier Guitar Magazine sent us a beat up old CE and wanted to see what we could do with it. What we did was a complete "off the frame restoration", including new pickups, new electronics, V-12 refin on the body and new 'barely there' neck finish, refret, tuner conversion, new bridge, etc. When we completed the project, we shipped it back to them and they were thrilled with the work.

Thanks to Ben and the entire Premier Guitar team for giving us this opportunity to show what we can do!

So very cool. Congrats to you and the guys!

Is that neck finish the one that's on the Artist Package maple necks? I love that finish! Maybe even more than rosewood... :flute:

PG just released a photo on their facebook page

ptc.png

So let me get this straight. You painted a perfectly red guitar blue?! This means that you effectively nullified my taking one more blue PRS out of circulation!

OK then, I see it's me against the PTC, that's cool Bra! I'll just find another blue PRS and paint it with this:
images-3_zps271740c9.jpeg

I got mine in the mail today. Great article. Congrats guys!! Your work should get this kind of attention. You deserve it!

Thank goodness for digital subscriptions! Got to read it offshore! Fascinating rebuild (although erasing the names of the Vixen girls MUST have been tough!) Great job Shawn and PTC, you guys are building one heck of a reputation!

Got mine in the mail today as well and read it. Nicely done, folks!

Still waiting on my March issue, but they just released a video showing the guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, read this the other night. Very cool. I think the guy made some good decisions about things to update or change about the guitar, though I cringed initially... like "nooo, keep the originals!" at first, but I think it ended up perfect.

Back