PRSh in Germany

juka

Pioneer Of The SCF
So I finally managed to meet Paul for the first time in person at the last stop of his European tour (Musikhaus Thomann). Had to drive 800km, but it was totally worth it.

At the beginning Paul seemed a little bit grumpy, because he thought 11:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning was way too early for such a workshop, but he soon turned back into his usual amiable self we all know from his youtube vids.

My personal highlight of the workshop was when Paul made Simon play the beginning of one of his songs over and over again, each time with another guitar, ranging from production models to private stocks to Paul's very own personal guitar. And at least in my opinion Paul's prototype crushed them all!

Another interesting thing was that Paul carried around his guitar in a red SE gigbag for the whole European tour! He said going by plane with a guitar case is a nightmare and the SE gigbag offered all the protection he needed for touring with his guitar. So watch out for the traveller with the red gigbag!

Pictures were only allowed during the meet&greet, so here they are:

Me and Paul while he is signing the SCF (case and back of headstock)

@ Shawn: Could you please say "a big thank you from the German guy with the skitchified guitar" to Paul next time you see him? He will like it and to be honest, meeting him for the first time in person made me a little bit lost for words, but I really enjoyed it big time!!!

@ Skitchy: Paul said the guitar resonated beautifully and complimented on the great work you did on this guitar. He said he will talk to you about this guitar as soon as he is back home. Although he didn't say anything about the FloydRose, the way he suspicously looked at the FR made it appear like he wasn't all too happy about seeing such a thing on one of "his" guitars. So take care ;-)

I'm glad you had a good time Juka. I hope we (me and Skitchy) aren't in trouble. :)

I don't think so.

But I thought I better let both of you know about it before Paul returns ;-)

Let's take his signature as a sign of approval ;-)

Maybe nobody asked him before, but he really enjoyed it.

Does somebody have an idea how to protect the signature on the case?

Red PRS SE gig bag??? (See, I was paying attention!)

I know JetWhitey (I think that's the name he uses on this forum) clear coats sigs on cavity covers - not sure if something similar would work here or not.

Back