PRS @ Willcutt's 50th Anniversary

Dormouse

Willcutt Guitars in Lexington, KY had a 50th anniversary celebration today & Paul was in attendance.
The festivities started around 10am; I showed up just after lunch & headed straight to the guitar showroom. Several models made for the event were hanging on the wall: CU24s, 594s, McCartys, CEs. I didn't get any pictures, but they should all be available on Willcutt's website. Despite ordering an Artist Package CU24-08 in March I've never actually played a Core model, so it was nice to fix that. Spoke to Jim Cullen & if I understood correctly I believe he was the one who came up with the Makena Blue finish, which is what I ordered on my AP, so that was cool. Chatted with Paul for 10 or 15 minutes; I got a control plate signed while my friend had his Silver Sky signed (Paul said it was only the second one he had signed).
They had wood staining set up at their booth so I got a tutorial from Paul Miles.
There was live music throughout the day. The Eric Cummins Band was great & PRS instruments were used by all. A local band named Magnolia Boulevard was the last group up & they were really good. The singer used a Zach Myers for a bit & the guitarist used a Vela for several songs. Brent Mason was in attendance & sat in with them for a song. Paul was making a fuss over them the rest of the night. I hadn't heard of them before but I'll definitely keep an eye on their concert dates now.
After their set Brent & Paul closed out the evening playing, answering questions, & telling stories. Paul had a Vela to give away & the singer from Magnolia Boulevard won it.
Overall it was a really good time. Glad that Bob put everything together and that Paul & company were able to attend.
Photo of Paul & Brent below. A few others available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhQ6iaX
42070530001_7b5a2f2ebb_z.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time! Would love to have been there, but, its a bit of a hike from Minneapolis! :)

Congrats to your daughter!
Thank you and thanks to all of the people who liked my comment.

I have found this forum to be awesome and browse it daily. I have not posted much yet, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Maybe I will get to introduce myself to a few of you all at the Experience.

I do not even consider myself an guitar player. I have had them for years and I suck. But I have a ball at the house with it. I was a drummer and then a sound man, but overall I guess I am a gear head at heart.

I do not even consider myself an guitar player. I have had them for years and I suck. But I have a ball at the house with it. I was a drummer and then a sound man, but overall I guess I am a gear head at heart.

Same here. I love guitar music & am a gear nerd. Not much of a player, but I keep myself entertained.

Back