PRS Torero pickups. Dimarzio Dark matter?

Disgoduc

My Torero EMGs are kinda dull and I have a set of Dimarzio Dark matter pickups on hand that were going to go into my Jem which i have decided against. Before I take My PRS apart. any thoughts?

Dave

I have a Dimarzio set with a Gravity Storm bridge and a Fred in the neck of an SE CU24, and have been very happy with it. I believe the Dark Matter pickups are a Gravity Storm set with fancy covers. How it would compare to an EMG set, I can't say.

That being said, we've been chatting about things like string types and pickup adjustments in another thread, which often have a bigger effect than a pickup change, so be sure to check that out first!

I have a Dimarzio set with a Gravity Storm bridge and a Fred in the neck of an SE CU24, and have been very happy with it. I believe the Dark Matter pickups are a Gravity Storm set with fancy covers. How it would compare to an EMG set, I can't say.

That being said, we've been chatting about things like string types and pickup adjustments in another thread, which often have a bigger effect than a pickup change, so be sure to check that out first!

You are correct they are Gravity storms.. but Dark matter really sounds cool..
What is the thread name if you would be so kind? .. I'm just getting bearings in this forum..

I have a torero that is getting passive pickups and prs USA wiring. I haven't been able to carve out time to do it but I have two more shows with my current band and then I'm done. That should give me some time, just need to decide what pickups to put in.

Dragon 1s, reissue T and B, 5909s, 5310s......

I have a torero that is getting passive pickups and prs USA wiring. I haven't been able to carve out time to do it but I have two more shows with my current band and then I'm done. That should give me some time, just need to decide what pickups to put in.

Dragon 1s, reissue T and B, 5909s, 5310s......

I saw a guy playing one with all passive electronics, actually made for a pretty nice country/rock vibe with the maple neck and ebony board.

Back