PRS, the company that cares

justmund

Plank Spanker
So it seems PRSc really listen to "us", a few recent examples:

-408 production model
-"Dirt birds" on the way out
-Matching maple headstock veneers on Artist Package guitars
-Non-PS basses

Is this just co-incidence, or is there something deeper going on with the company strategic direction?

Thoughts and other examples?

I agree. Prs listen and pay close attention to their customers. Gibson are the.opposite, said to say but the truth. I give them 10 more years and they'll sell or close shop. Oh ok back to prs lol

Great company to deal with and make a great product. The PTC are outstanding to say the least and their customer service are top notch. I think maybe their biggest thing going for tgem is , they treat their customers like friends and their friends like customers.

Paul Reed Smith for president..just sayin

Ive said it before and I'll say it again - I'm lucky they make good instruments because I would probably still support them even if they didn't. Everyone that works there is an amazing person that is passionate, Paul is a great guy and a true face of the company who cares about his employees and people that support his brand, and the products are just killer.

I love the fact that I cant tell you 90% of people in charge of instrument companies yet Ive sat down with Paul, had great conversations, watched him play with a band and watched him jam in an empty room. Hes just.... Paul.

PRS is always doing the little things to move the bar higher. They never rest on their laurels and say, "OK, we're done. Just reissue this stuff for the next 100 years and we'll be ok."

There only a few companies I respect, let alone feel enthusiasm for. PRS is one that deserves the admiration. And Paul Smith is the driving force.

None more excellent!

I was watching a few youtube videos yesterday of Paul Reed Smith Band and was blown away by his ability and his tone (wow! the tone)..But that's besides the point, I realized not only is he the face of the company, but he has a love of guitars that you would be hard pressed to find in anyone else anywhere. Who is that guy at Fender? at Gibson? Jackson?? I think we (the PRS lovers) appreciate the fact that he does this because he loves it! I firmly believe he'd still be making guitars out of his garage if that was his only option. And when you play a PRS and hear a PRS you feel that connection, that love he puts into the guitars. I know that's a bit hokey, but when I spend $2500 (or more) I don't want to buy a product, I want to invest in an ideal or belief. I want to know that the person who designed it (and the people at PRS who build it) put his heart and soul into making it the best it can be. And you know that 10 years from now these guitars will be better than they are today because he's not resting on his laurels. These aren't les pauls or telecasters! lol I think it's cool that we are buying guitars from another guitar player! Not a guy in a boardroom watching the stock price!

I would love to visit the factory one day and meet the people who make the guitars and let them know that they are appreciated for their hard work.

Agree with all the comments, I've been talking with customer service over the past few days and the level of engagement / response from them is amazing. I hope as the company grows it will still be that way in 10 years.

So it seems PRSc really listen to "us", a few recent examples:

-408 production model
-"Dirt birds" on the way out
-Matching maple headstock veneers on Artist Package guitars
-Non-PS basses

Is this just co-incidence, or is there something deeper going on with the company strategic direction?

Thoughts and other examples?

Let me be the devils advocate here. I thought the reintroduction of the HFS/VB pickups on the customs was a complete fail. This is a company that has been really been bringing their "A" game to pickup design over the last few years and they really could have hit a home run with a new high output pickup design. Sure, the HFS was probably more "boutique" 20 years ago but you can't even compare it to a bareknuckle and some of the newer Dimarzio/Duncan designs. I appreciate the modern/vintage voicing options as it was badly needed on the customs but I guess I was expecting something a bit more from PRS.

Also not happy with the trend of colors becoming popular (Eriza Verde anyone... ) and then getting axed from the options so they will be an upcharge. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the 2013 changes.

I would love to visit the factory one day and meet the people who make the guitars and let them know that they are appreciated for their hard work.

Corey, I hope you can make it to Experience some day.

Let me be the devils advocate here. I thought the reintroduction of the HFS/VB pickups on the customs was a complete fail. This is a company that has been really been bringing their "A" game to pickup design over the last few years and they really could have hit a home run with a new high output pickup design. Sure, the HFS was probably more "boutique" 20 years ago but you can't even compare it to a bareknuckle and some of the newer Dimarzio/Duncan designs. I appreciate the modern/vintage voicing options as it was badly needed on the customs but I guess I was expecting something a bit more from PRS.

Also not happy with the trend of colors becoming popular (Eriza Verde anyone... ) and then getting axed from the options so they will be an upcharge. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the 2013 changes.
I think they did hit a home run with a new high output pickup, the 408.

I can only theorise that maybe they're going for a more classic or vintage voice with the Customs, you do get the option of VB/HFS or 57/08s... Interesting to note there's only one guitar offered with 53/10s (P22) and 59/09s are only available as an artist package choice (as far as I can tell)

I'm wondering if raw material availability (e.g. pickup wire) has something to do with this, but who knows!

Back