PRS Tattoo

Shawn@PRS

yogi
So every once in a while I'll get an email from someone with a fresh PRS tattoo. Sometimes it's the Birds, sometimes it's the headtsock, sometimes it more. You may remember the late, great Bugs Henderson had an entire PRS guitar tattooed on his arm (red of course)! To me, a tattoo is the ultimate in commitment and dedication.

So let's see 'em, SHOW OFF YOUR PRS TATTOOS.

I have a half sleeve already designed by the artist and ready to go with some PRS love in it - but the session wont be until late summer. Don't want to rush these things :lol:

themike said:
I have a half sleeve already designed by the artist and ready to go with some PRS love in it - but the session wont be until late summer. Don't want to rush these things :lol:
Speaking as a man who is 25% of the way into a full-body suit, I can only offer two replies...

1) If you are going beyond a single image, think in terms of the complete tapestry and leave room for stories you'll learn in the journey ahead. Many individual images can be tricky to blend.
2) A full color half-sleeve is going to be more than one session. :lol:

Hans said:
Speaking as a man who is 25% of the way into a full-body suit, I can only offer two replies...

1) If you are going beyond a single image, think in terms of the complete tapestry and leave room for stories you'll learn in the journey ahead. Many individual images can be tricky to blend.
2) A full color half-sleeve is going to be more than one session. :lol:

Oh trust me I know haha Let me rephrase that, "session 1 on the outlining" will be in late summer. And exactly, there is plenty of room to add on to from both sides (shoulder/chest or lower arm) if I choose to later. Its a big deal and thats why I waited until I was 24 to commit to it - I know several friends who went full sleve on their 18th birthday and can't tell you what half of their work means :lol:

Hope to see some examples. I plan on getting one soon myself. I'd posted up the same thing on another forum, but haven't seen anything yet.

Shawn: Are you at liberty to share any of those that have been emailed to you?

Avatar - I'm looking to get more work done soon...right now it's just a ring of birds around my forearm.

This could be the next frontier for the PTC.....tats! C'mon, you're already a talented, artistic group there, so just buying the equipment and coming up with a few standard designs should be a cinch!

Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking dragons..... :mrgreen:

AaeCee said:
This could be the next frontier for the PTC.....tats! C'mon, you're already a talented, artistic group there, so just buying the equipment and coming up with a few standard designs should be a cinch!

Dragons would be in the Private Stock tat department.

PRSHB2 said:
Hope to see some examples. I plan on getting one soon myself. I'd posted up the same thing on another forum, but haven't seen anything yet.

Shawn: Are you at liberty to share any of those that have been emailed to you?

I'd love to share some of the pics with you, but I don't want to betray anyone's trust. I'll let the proud owners post up if they so choose.

AaeCee said:

Could you imagine what Skitchy would come up with? I'm thinking the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, meets Atari, meets B movie Zombie!

Work won't allow me to have anything showing...as soon as I retire, the forearms will be covered in guitar related awesomeness. Someone had an eagle with Tiki stuff on the inside...it was way cool!

Nice...

Personally, I don't show my shoulder cap that I plan to grow someday...

it does have a guitar reference among many other things but I won't allow pictures... I designed it myself and don't want anyone to copy it... I know, people think I'm silly.

They are a big commitment, I waited until I was 30 to get my first.

But can't wait to see some PRS ink. I have thought about birds for a bit...

You first Shawn :D

six-pack.jpg

Mine's not nearly as classy as the 6-pack, but it's all I got.

i-Vqm2Lmm-XL.jpg

Not sure where the next one will go, but I am planning on something guitar related for sure.

Shawn@PRS said:

It's difficult to take pictures of your own arm, this is all I have readily available - I plan to incorporate some birdage into the next artwork, but it's not finalized yet...

tattoo009.jpg

tattoo007.jpg

dprather said:
It's difficult to take pictures of your own arm, this is all I have readily available - I plan to incorporate some birdage into the next artwork, but it's not finalized yet...

tattoo009.jpg

tattoo007.jpg

very cool!

dprather said:
Shawn@PRS said:

tattoo009.jpg

tattoo007.jpg

This is what I'm talking about! Who else can chime in here? I know you're out there.

Welp, as my first post in the NEW AND IMPROVED "BaM" I would like to unveil my PRS tattoo...
Shawn, I was going to be like the others and email you pictures along with the story of how I become obsessed with PRS but this will do just fine. I met PRSh at the Rolex 24 this year and showed him this piece.

Photoon5-2-12at1135AM.jpg

Back