Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

Assuming for the moment that you’ve got your eye out for a Super Eagle, but haven’t found it yet, getting one of these Semi-Hollow Ltds. might be the answer until you find the right SE.

At that point, you can decide whether the SH is just so nice that you ought to have both, or whether to sell it to help fund the SE.

Not bad, right? I’m capable of convincing myself that most any gear purchase is logical (even though deep in my heart of hearts I’m well aware that they’re mostly irrational/emotional)! ;)

I was impressed with that video demo of the SH Ltd. enough that I’m breathing hard, even though I don’t need another guitar.
I had to laugh on this one! Basically the logic I’ve been using the past few years while conducting my ‘empirical research’ on which guitars work best for me! :)

As posted in one of the Experience PRS 2018 threads, this is what I picked up via Brian's Guitar within about 30 min of the sales floor ope ing.

CTwDn51.jpg

Burnt Maple Leaf. Non-10-top.

I had full expectations of picking up a SC594, and when I saw the Experience Limited run semu-hollow, I figured tjat would be it. But I couldn't keep my eyes off the Special 22s. I wasn't sure of a color, expected to get one in some shade of blue, but instead this Burnt Maple Leaf called me in. I never really loved the color from online pics (the one above included, I suppose, but in person the burst of orange fades in very nicely with some subtlety. More pics when I get a chance.

Great pick.
As posted in one of the Experience PRS 2018 threads, this is what I picked up via Brian's Guitar within about 30 min of the sales floor ope ing.

CTwDn51.jpg

I had full expectations of picking up a SC594, and when I saw the Experience Limited run semu-hollow, I figured tjat would be it. But I couldn't keep my eyes off the Special 22s. I wasn't sure of a color, expected to get one in some shade of blue, but instead this Burnt Maple Leaf called me in. I never really loved the color from online pics (the one above included, I suppose, but in person the burst of orange fades in very nicely with some subtlety. More pics when I get a chance.

CTwDn51.jpg

Sweet Guitar! Congrats, even came with candy. Looking forward to some more photos :D

McCarty Tobacco is always WIN.

I’m thinking the same thing regarding this model.

But I’m always hijacked by some other color. Life’s strange. Then there’s death, which seems even stranger, and at this point, somewhat unnecessary.

But there’s certainly no explaining color choices!

Maybe I’ll do a PS in some combination no one but me likes, and break the internet. It would be a fitting way to go out, don’t ya think?

I’m thinking the same thing regarding this model.

But I’m always hijacked by some other color. Life’s strange. Then there’s death, which seems even stranger, and at this point, somewhat unnecessary.

But there’s certainly no explaining color choices!

Maybe I’ll do a PS in some combination no one but me likes, and break the internet. It would be a fitting way to go out, don’t ya think?
It would be legendary. Just don’t be in a hurry. Meanwhile, McCarty Tobacco is calling your name.

So you’re telling me that unless I get one of these, you won’t be my pal any more, am I right?

“No, Les, I wasn’t saying...”

SO YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT UNLESS I GET ONE OF THESE FOR ALNUS, YOU WON’T BE MY PAL ANYMORE, RIGHT?!!?

“Oh...why yes, I’m telling you that unless you get one of these for Alnus, I won’t be your pal any more!” ;)

I fixed it for you;)

I am perplexed as to why this is being compared to the Super Eagle - it reminds me more the PS 20th Anniversary, I remember in a discussion with Les I ask him why the PS 20th did noot have mini switches. I'd like it to be the 594 scale but must admit I am quite taken irregardless.

CTwDn51.jpg

CTwDn51.jpg

Such nice score, Congrats!!!

Back