Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

At least you didn’t say Homer!

Well, I should have! Because of course you’re referring to that immortal poet of fame and legend, who sang of Tales Of Brave Ulysses, and whose poetry informed my inner life for many years!

As opposed to the version by Cream.

I share your enthusiasm!

I think you’ll love a book titled, “Why Homer Matters,” by Adam Nicolson. I read it a couple of years ago. It’s a very readable, but scholarly, discussion of the importance of The Iliad and The Odyssey to culture and literature in a good chunk of the world, and its applicability to today’s attitudes and ethos. Highly recommended.

Nonetheless, I think the Cream version was more fun to listen to, and will therefore augment The Iliad as a continuing foundation of succeeding cultures’ mythos over the next 3,000 years, especially as the lines between the Cream song and Homer’s stuff becomes blurred and burnished by time.

To test my theory, I’ve decided to stick around for the next 3,000 years to see how that works out. So far it’s going pretty well. You’re welcome to join me. I’m saving the vinyl copy of Disraeli Gears that I bought in 1967. I figure in about 1,000 years it’ll be worth enough to retire on, if I also save my turntable and associated gear so whoever buys it can play it.

Your collection of Kiss records, well, I dunno. Bring ‘em along, can’t hurt...

Still, how can my wife be compared to Homer? No one knows if Homer existed, or whether the work attributed to him was a compilation of many poems during a period when history and mythology were sung instead of written down, and later compiled.

Therefore, such a comparison can’t be made; it’d be impertinent of me to compare anyone to Homer.

Marge, different story. Marge’s hair is perfection.

Considering the Silver Sky will still be here next year...sounds like you need to reprioritize. You should be able to sell the Silver Sky for little loss.
True, but they're not making anymore with the hard case. Plus this thing sounds so goddamn sweet!

True, but they're not making anymore with the hard case. Plus this thing sounds so goddamn sweet!

I asked them about the case at Experience yesterday and he told me they will be putting the case up for sale on their web site in a couple months.

I asked them about the case at Experience yesterday and he told me they will be putting the case up for sale on their web site in a couple months.
That's right! The memory is not at its best when you've been up since 6 haha. Though I don't think the ones they'll be selling will have the little metal plate?

That's right! The memory is not at its best when you've been up since 6 haha. Though I don't think the ones they'll be selling will have the little metal plate?

He made it sound as though it will be the same exact case. Have to wait and see, I guess?

34962543_10156660377794728_5767600775937130496_o.jpg

Well, I should have! Because of course you’re referring to that immortal poet of fame and legend, who sang of Tales Of Brave Ulysses, and whose poetry informed my inner life for many years!

As opposed to the version by Cream.

I share your enthusiasm!

I think you’ll love a book titled, “Why Homer Matters,” by Adam Nicolson. I read it a couple of years ago. It’s a very readable, but scholarly, discussion of the importance of The Iliad and The Odyssey to culture and literature in a good chunk of the world, and its applicability to today’s attitudes and ethos. Highly recommended.

Nonetheless, I think the Cream version was more fun to listen to, and will therefore augment The Iliad as a continuing foundation of succeeding cultures’ mythos over the next 3,000 years, especially as the lines between the Cream song and Homer’s stuff becomes blurred and burnished by time.

To test my theory, I’ve decided to stick around for the next 3,000 years to see how that works out. So far it’s going pretty well. You’re welcome to join me. I’m saving the vinyl copy of Disraeli Gears that I bought in 1967. I figure in about 1,000 years it’ll be worth enough to retire on, if I also save my turntable and associated gear so whoever buys it can play it.

Your collection of Kiss records, well, I dunno. Bring ‘em along, can’t hurt...

Still, how can my wife be compared to Homer? No one knows if Homer existed, or whether the work attributed to him was a compilation of many poems during a period when history and mythology were sung instead of written down, and later compiled.

Therefore, such a comparison can’t be made; it’d be impertinent of me to compare anyone to Homer.

Marge, different story. Marge’s hair is perfection.

So much for my setup...:p

Man I dunno, I’ve really been GASing for a Super Eagle. This is an awesome guitar, but it’s not really hitting me in the funnies like the SE. Decisions decisions....

Man I dunno, I’ve really been GASing for a Super Eagle. This is an awesome guitar, but it’s not really hitting me in the funnies like the SE. Decisions decisions....

Assuming for the moment that you’ve got your eye out for a Super Eagle, but haven’t found it yet, getting one of these Semi-Hollow Ltds. might be the answer until you find the right SE.

At that point, you can decide whether the SH is just so nice that you ought to have both, or whether to sell it to help fund the SE.

Not bad, right? I’m capable of convincing myself that most any gear purchase is logical (even though deep in my heart of hearts I’m well aware that they’re mostly irrational/emotional)! ;)

I was impressed with that video demo of the SH Ltd. enough that I’m breathing hard, even though I don’t need another guitar.

Argh. Still strongly considering this. Would need to move both of my PRS’s and leave me only with this and my LP...but hell I only had one guitar for over 20 years...can’t be that bad right? This honestly could be my “one” guitar as it hits all of the buttons for me. Just wish it was 24 frets like the SE and a thin neck. Ok maybe not all the buttons but is as close as I’ve seen from PRS in my price range!

Does the SE not allow for the middle pickup/narrowfield to play alone? Surprised this one doesn’t. Not that this is supposed to be an SE, but that middle pickup is key to many of the Jerry Garcia tones that the SE was designed to be able to do.

Argh. Still strongly considering this. Would need to move both of my PRS’s and leave me only with this and my LP...but hell I only had one guitar for over 20 years...can’t be that bad right? This honestly could be my “one” guitar as it hits all of the buttons for me. Just wish it was 24 frets like the SE and a thin neck. Ok maybe not all the buttons but is as close as I’ve seen from PRS in my price range!

Someone on Instagram or You Tube posted that he had ordered one, and listed the price. It's considerably lower than I expected it to be.

Back