Prs sightings at the local gig

When I gig mine I like to think I’m perpetuating the whole “only douchebags play PRS guitars” thing.
this ^^^ ... LOL

A few years back some guitarist I didn't know approach me between sets and ask me about my 25th Anniversary Custom 24... we were playing a private party booked at a downtown Legion hall for some music charity thing (we got paid, I know that); the place is a bit of a dive in a shitty part of town and this was maybe the second or third time I'd had this guitar out... anyway, he oohs and aahhs over the guitar a couple minutes and he hands it back to me and says "too bad you have to bring it out to a place like this"... and I'm thinking, what am I supposed to do with it, keep it hermetically sealed in the basement?

That guitar's got so many miles on it now; it's still beautiful but it's definitely not a show piece any longer...

I'm still gigging my 2011 PRS Studio exclusively.
In my experience, no-one other than guitarists and sundry musicians gives a ratsa$$ what kind of guitar you're playing.
I gave up playing for other guitarists a long time ago.

I was waaaaay off haha .
I thought the 89's had the black headstock and signature logo.

They did but some had the maple. I believe that was towards the end of the transition. (From what I'm told)
I'm sure a PRS historian can chime in with more knowledge than I have and confirm that info.

Back