PRS SE Mark Holcomb, finally!

Suhweet. So glad they kept the specs that I had my eye on, I am so in. Interesting about the plate bridge being new to the SE line as well. I anticipate!

Last edited:
Sweetwater is still saying phase iii's. This looks like regular tuners, right?

Very cool. Have to try one. I haven't played anything with that flat of a radius since...maybe ever. Good-looking axe, esp with the black hardware

Sweetwater is still saying phase iii's. This looks like regular tuners, right?
Yeah, unless they have a special batch. The picture definitely shows SE tuners. I assumed that Mark just the Phase IIIs for his personal SE.

Edit: The listing on the PRS website lists it as SE tuners.

I'm moving my JPX in my 594 deal. Looks like there's something to replace it! Pretty much the same specs, and my trem is blocked, so SAH-WEET!

I have already placed an order to local PRS dealer!

The spec is so close to the limited run that really caught my attention, the satin neck, the scale length, 20" radius and especially the Alpha/Omega pickup. I sometimes play in Drop tuning so this would be perfect for that!

I have already placed an order to local PRS dealer!

The spec is so close to the limited run that really caught my attention, the satin neck, the scale length, 20" radius and especially the Alpha/Omega pickup. I sometimes play in Drop tuning so this would be perfect for that!
So much for "no more guitars." :p

That is one beast of an SE!!! I keep my SE CU24 set up in drop C, and I really don't need a backup... which sucks, because this Holcomb SE is insane! If I find myself needing another drop tuning guitar, I'll be getting one of these no questions asked.

Very cool. Have to try one. I haven't played anything with that flat of a radius since...maybe ever. Good-looking axe, esp with the black hardware
They had a used MH at a store here that I tried. I expected to hate it because of that flat board but I actually had a bunch of fun playing it. I think I kinda like it!

That is one beast of an SE!!! I keep my SE CU24 set up in drop C, and I really don't need a backup... which sucks, because this Holcomb SE is insane! If I find myself needing another drop tuning guitar, I'll be getting one of these no questions asked.

I used to do that too but buying a Holcomb model and leaving it tuned to Drop C was like getting one of my CU24's back. I've taken a liking to 9's in recent years and have been installing them on all my guitars, except for the Holcomb. The core model with the jumbo frets and 10's downtuned to Drop C equates to nearly zero pressure on the strings to get a note to sound perfectly clean. All that string has to do it simply touch the fret and it instantly sounds clean with no buzz. I think that ANY Holcomb model would make a much better downtune guitar than any CU24.

Why aren't there any pictures in this thread?

PRS-MH2015_2470x1280.jpg

I'd love to check out one of these. Of course I told myself my next guitar would have a term, but I should be used to lying to myself by now.

Back