PRS SE Bernie Marsden - Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded set?

Ethelread

I'm thinking of upgrading my excellent SE Bernie Marsden (gold all over finish!) with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Set: SH2 Neck Jazz and SH4 Bridge JB. I don't play high gain stuff, mostly blues using the neck pickup plus maybe a smidgen of crunch, and occasional gain-y solos with the bridge. Would this be a good set to go with? Thanks.

I'm not a JB fan but really like the Jazz neck. I have the Custom Custom in my SE in the bridge position and it's really, really fantastic (and I have had more than a few bridge pickups in this guitar). YMMV.

After much cogitation and other input I'm going to go for a set of Bare Knuckle 'Abraxas'. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all input!

You will dig these! I put a set in my Bernie, and they sound terrific!

Hi John, I'm Richard on the BK site. The Abraxas is a great set. Let us know how they work out for you.

After more cogitation, I finally went for a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the neck. And they sound terrific!

After more cogitation, I finally went for a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the neck. And they sound terrific!

I'm very happy with my Abraxas set but I've always been interested in the Pearly Gates. How would you describe it ? I imagine the Bernie would sound wonderful with any decent set of pups.

Back