PRS SE 245 Switch/wiring problem?

Kenneth Johnson

Hey everyone,

So, I just recently acquired a 2020 SE 245 and it has a problem....a problem that EVERY SE that I've owned has had.

When I switch pickups, especially to the treble pickup, my sound gets very thin...almost like it just went single coil. Every SE I've owned has done this....and I've owned several. Mostly Tremonti SE's but also a few 245's. I love them dearly but I just can't seem to figure out this problem. I've tried switching my cables and such since it's occurred with so many guitars but, I've also noticed that it doesn't do it with my Les Paul. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance!

Ken

My SE 245 STD does not have this issue, I just tested it. Not that your issue isn't valid, on my SE Santana this also does not occur.

$.02 if it helps.

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking it has to be something in my signal chain but....there's really nothing there other than cables. I don't use effects very often. It just doesn't make sense. I can have "full power" on the treble pup and then switch to the neck, everything is fine and then back to the bridge and it sounds like a single coil....I can strum the strings pretty hard a few times and it'll liven back up. My Tremonti SE custom was just as bad. And it's always with the bridge pup. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Back