PRS SE 245 bridge adjustment

prsguy

according to specs, the bridge height can be adjusted with an American quarter dollar, however it doesn't fit the bolt.
Can anyone help?

I'd imagine a large flathead screwdriver should work too. Obviously, just go easy and be careful not to let it slip out of the slot and scratch the finish

Loosen the strings though. You'll scar those big thumb screws all up trying to turn then with the strings tuned to pitch.

A quarter worked fine on my SE Bernie Marsden but if you loosen the strings to slack you can even turn those big screws with your fingers.

I had to detune to slack and just adjusted the action by trial and error.

Took a couple of tries but it worked and it didn't take too long to get it right.

I find a quarter did not fit my Paul’s guitar! I used a penny. And as others have said: detune all the strings. Doing so removes the tension on the bridge so the brass doesn’t get ruined in the studs.

I find a quarter did not fit my Paul’s guitar! I used a penny. And as others have said: detune all the strings. Doing so removes the tension on the bridge so the brass doesn’t get ruined in the studs.
Yep. I put a capo at the first fret and then detune the strings until I turn those big screws with my fingers.

A quater wouldn't fit in the slot for the big screws on my Bernie Marsdens.

I've had a quarter fit it some but not those.

Back