PRS S2 Standard 22

Squiggy

Hey all. I just got the S2 Standard 22. I'd like to re-wire it either A: make the current tone pot a volume pot that taps the bridge, and make the current volume pot a pull coil tap for the neck. Or B: Leave the volume pot alone, Make the tone pot a volume pot, and then add 2 little toggles like an -08 to independently tap the pickups. This would be my preferred method. I'm finding it's hard to pull up on the tone knob to quickly use the tap function. Id get a new pickgaurd and leave the original alone. Anyone do this? Do you have any wiring diagrams that would assist me? Pictures?

I also found it hard to pull up on the tone knob. I know CTS push-pull pots are pretty easy to activate, so installing one of those might work out. I had originally wanted to install mini switches and go with a -08 setup like you mentioned. In the end I replaced the tone pot with a push-push pot to try it out. It's been working out great and I didn't have to do too much surgery on my S2.

I played this S2 at a show this weekend. I'm having a hard time with the neck thickness and the "searching for knobs" to do the coil tapping during a song. I'm pretty sure I'm going to trade it in for an SE Standard 24-08.

Back