PRS S2 Singlecut vs Epi Les paul Weight difference.

How does weight compare? S2 Single cut vs Les Paul

• Same weight

• More

• Less

• Alot less

• SG light (can barely feel it on you)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Texasdiamondback

Hello all!

First post on here and working on further PRS ownership. Currenly own Archon 25 (possible best amp ever) and looking to transition to PRS guitar as well.

I currently play a hot rodded Epi Les paul Custom Pro. (tonepros hardware, Seymour duncan pickups, grover locking tuners, emerson custom wiring) and I love it. However its started to give me back problems when playing standing up for long periods of time. I was curious if anyone had a suggestion for the lightest weight PRS Solidbody? really like the S2 Singlecuts and they appear to be thinner Mahogany but dont have any in my local area to try and feel the weight. Any other suggestions would be great! I know that the SE custom 24 weights about the same as my Les Paul if I feel that correctly so if anyone can compare to a custom 24 it will give you an idea of what kind of weight I am currently working with.

No semi hollows though as I play high gain and that wont work.

Thanks for your replies!

Hello all!

First post on here and working on further PRS ownership. Currenly own Archon 25 (possible best amp ever) and looking to transition to PRS guitar as well.

I currently play a hot rodded Epi Les paul Custom Pro. (tonepros hardware, Seymour duncan pickups, grover locking tuners, emerson custom wiring) and I love it. However its started to give me back problems when playing standing up for long periods of time. I was curious if anyone had a suggestion for the lightest weight PRS Solidbody? really like the S2 Singlecuts and they appear to be thinner Mahogany but dont have any in my local area to try and feel the weight. Any other suggestions would be great! I know that the SE custom 24 weights about the same as my Les Paul if I feel that correctly so if anyone can compare to a custom 24 it will give you an idea of what kind of weight I am currently working with.

No semi hollows though as I play high gain and that wont work.

Thanks for your replies!

First of all, welcome. I can't speak to the solid body S2's, but do own a semi-hollow Zach Myers SE and have never had a problem with high gain live. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone can reply to your question, good luck.

Not sure where you LP is weight wise. I'd guess close to 9? I've seen the S2 SC's from mid 7's to mid 8's. Custom 24's are going to be low 7's to high 7's. If you're willing to look at used, you can find some great deals on McCarty's. Those are going to be between 7 and 8. If you're looking to get something that can still get in that LPish tone range, don't discount the Santana model. They run mid 7 to low 8's. IMHO, the best kept secret in the line. Such a ripping model.

First of all, welcome. I can't speak to the solid body S2's, but do own a semi-hollow Zach Myers SE and have never had a problem with high gain live. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone can reply to your question, good luck.

Gotcha, I checked out the Semi Hollow Custom 22 and yeah I felt it was great and sounded great! I just was wanting to have the possibility to put higher output pickups in whatever I get and I heard that can be an issue with semi hollows even PRS ones. But Im open to correction. Would be looking to do a Seymour Duncan Custom SH5 if anyone has had expereinces with that in a PRS semi hollow through high gain.

One more thought, you could check out the Mira as well. Light weight, mid 6's. But loads of fun to play. I'd say similar to an SG from a weight standpoint. But just great for rockin'

Lightest solid bodies would be the Mira and the Vela.

The S2 Singlecuts tend to be around the 8 pound mark, if I remember right, but can dip into the 7's if you look around a bit. That's a good deal lighter than the typical LP. Some of the S2 Singlecuts can get heavy though, so just make sure you confirm the weight with the seller before pulling the trigger.

Semis can do fine with higher output pickups, but keep in mind they have a softer attack to the notes compared to solid bodies. If you run crazy gain, you may need to be extra aware of your volume knob when you're not playing.

Also try a bigger strap. Distribute the weight a little more.

Still buy a new guitar, I'm not saying any different. But I wouldn't let an extra 3 or four pounds keep you from your soulmate.

Back