PRS S2 Singlecut Standard Satin - Thoughts/Opinions?

deakle

I have an opportunity to pick up a new S2 Singlecut Standard Satin for a bargain price. Anyone currently own one and have an opinion, good or bad? I have not had a chance to play one and would not be able to as there are no local PRS dealers in my area. The ones that I have found in YouTube videos sound great! What does the forum think of them? Thanks! You guys are always very helpful!!!

I love the Singlecut Standard, period. Mine has surpassed my Core and Artist Pack guitars as my main gigging guitar. I did a review of mine on my YT channel, Denman's Den TV.....it is a total winner!!

Enjoy!!

Totally agree - I got one recently too and love it, go for it: they are a bargain for what you get, step up from SE line and with core bits and bobs

Love the satin finish, and the S2 neck carve and the other stuff (bridge, tuners, fret work) are great. Mines quite light considering the thickness of the beast.

Great guitar and best bang for your buck in the current PRS line.

Couldn't agree more!!!

They're workhorse guitars, and good ones at that. Be aware, the finish will wear and eventually relic, depending on how hard you use it. But, because of that nice thin finish, those things ring like a bell - better than the gloss S2's imo.

So I'm going to be a slightly dissenting opinion here.

I could have picked up one of these for very slightly more than my SE Chris Robertson, and I chose not to. While I liked the neck feel much more (the CR feels chunky up by the headstock, though I've gotten used to it), to me, the S2 Singlecuts did not feel as well-balanced as the SE 245-based guitars I played. I honestly think that a 25-inch scale length might not work so well with the singlecut shape.

The S2 double-cuts I played were about as perfectly balanced as I've felt a guitar feel, and I think PRS made the S2 scale length decision with double-cuts in mind. SE's have a 24.5 inch and of course 594s have the 24.594, and I think there might be a reason for that.

Your mileage may vary, and, of course, others feel differently, as evidenced by this thread, but I didn't love the physical balance on the S2 singlecuts.

Back