PRS NIGHT WITH DAVID GRISSOM AND MARK HOLCOMB!

I like the wings at Porky's in Shelton CT. There is also the Dew Drop Inn in Derby. Both are about 30 minutes from Oakdale and are total dives but great local bars. If you want something closer to the venue, Eli's in Hamden has some really good food. Oh and if you like cigars, in downtown new haven is a bar called the Owl Shop. The only bar in CT where you can smoke cigars and they have a great selections of bourbons and scotch.

I will either be wearing a PRS shirt or a Martin Barre concert shirt.

Leaving in the morning. I'll be the old guy in the T-shirt. That'll narrow it down. (Okay, it's a Kiss T-shirt.)

Wouldn't mind wings afterwards (probably won't have time before), but my favorites are very local, and have a killer sauce. Actually, it's called Killer. Used to be Caribbean Killer - got a tinge of citrus to it, and since it's handmade, it can get pretty hot. They know me at this place, so I barely even order any more - and I always get an extra side of sauce to dip in.

I like the wings at Porky's in Shelton CT. There is also the Dew Drop Inn in Derby. Both are about 30 minutes from Oakdale and are total dives but great local bars. If you want something closer to the venue, Eli's in Hamden has some really good food. Oh and if you like cigars, in downtown new haven is a bar called the Owl Shop. The only bar in CT where you can smoke cigars and they have a great selections of bourbons and scotch.

I will either be wearing a PRS shirt or a Martin Barre concert shirt.

The Owl is killer. I would be down for a cigar after some grub.

What a great event! Nice job Brian. The guitars on display were just amazing and Paul is a pretty funny guy.

Alan, I was standing right next to you in the meet and greet line! I was wearing a bright yellow North Face jacket. I did stand out like a sore thumb I guess.

Had a great time last night Brian...thanks again to you, Corey and the rest of the BGuitars gang for putting on this event - already looking forward to next year!!

Speaking of winners; I was a single digit off from winning that AMP, but my buddy wasn't...congrats again to him!!!

Me and my wife had a great time last night, didn't win anything but i did come home w a Holcomb SE. Had a talk w Brian about my own PS build that is still a couple of years off, but it was great to get an idea.

What was a very cool moment was Paul coming outside while we were waiting to get in to say hello and seeing my Wife was cold going in and getting his own Coat and putting it on her, she didn't get to keep it though LOL.

Thanks again for coming everyone! We are glad you had a great time. The guys at PRS were really happy with that one...maybe it was the room we were in..haha! Bigger and better next year!

Sounds like it was a great event. Wish I could have been there. New Haven is a cool city.

Last edited:
Quite an enjoyable night! Got to see Tosca again, and he got to see my deer-in-the-headlights look when I vapor locked on his name. DOH! (I'll get it right one of these days!) I see in this thread that I missed several other forum members - sorry I missed you guys.

I did get my hands on a Holcomb SE - the one Mark played on stage that night. Mark is a great dude - got him to sign the guitar afterwards and I just kind of hung back and listened to him answering people's questions. He was willing to answer anything, too.

Mark.jpg

David Grissom played a DGT, talked a bit about his pedals and his four-channel amp thought process, then played a bit, including an instrumental "What Passes For Love".

Dg1.jpg

There was a meet & greet and signature line before the show. I got a pic with Mark and the new guitar...

Withmark2.jpg

But the pic I was really after came right after that. I e-mailed Brian when I was deciding to go, and I asked him if I could arrange a special picture, and he said I could. So I got a picture that I've wanted since last year...me with PRSh, Brian and my PS.

Withprsbrian.jpg

A few more pics at http://www.tignanelli.com/BriansPRSNight2016.html.

Major thanks to Brian and his wife for being such great people - it's easy to support people like that who really care about what they're doing and how they treat people. Thanks to Corey, too - I think I butchermumbled your name on the way out.

Followed that night up by heading to Red Bank, NJ to visit Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash, Jack's Music Shoppe, and a small deli that my son and I found a couple years ago. Two out of three ain't bad - the deli was gone. But the Stash and Jack's were both successful stops. After that, it was off to Dunellen to a little joint called Roxy's & Duke's to see Mike Keneally, one of my favorite musicians. It was an odd start time of 2 PM, but it was a great show. I can't remember the last time I got to see Mike with his own band, but I know it's been way too long. I'm so happy I routed the trip so I could catch that show.

Quite an enjoyable night! Got to see Tosca again, and he got to see my deer-in-the-headlights look when I vapor locked on his name. DOH! (I'll get it right one of these days!) I see in this thread that I missed several other forum members - sorry I missed you guys.

I did get my hands on a Holcomb SE - the one Mark played on stage that night. Mark is a great dude - got him to sign the guitar afterwards and I just kind of hung back and listened to him answering people's questions. He was willing to answer anything, too.

Mark.jpg

David Grissom played a DGT, talked a bit about his pedals and his four-channel amp thought process, then played a bit, including an instrumental "What Passes For Love".

Dg1.jpg

There was a meet & greet and signature line before the show. I got a pic with Mark and the new guitar...

Withmark2.jpg

But the pic I was really after came right after that. I e-mailed Brian when I was deciding to go, and I asked him if I could arrange a special picture, and he said I could. So I got a picture that I've wanted since last year...me with PRSh, Brian and my PS.

Withprsbrian.jpg
Awesome. Many Congrats Alan.

Next year, I need to get directions from Tosca - he looked much fresher than I did. Less than 60 miles in just over two hours on the Merritt Parkway. Yes, I did read his warning about it, but when I looked at my directions, they didn't say Merritt Parkway, just Route 15. So I was a tad surprised to see the Merritt Parkway sign.

That is why they call it the Merritt "Parkway"! There is really no good way to get to the Oakdale from points west in CT. Just part of life in this state.

Back