PRS NIGHT WITH DAVID GRISSOM AND MARK HOLCOMB!

Sweet. That's a good hike for you. I guess I should check a map and see how far it is for me.

Yeah, but I can sleep when I'm dead, to quote Warren Zevon. Hotel is booked - couldn't get HGI. Apparently they got the report from Annapolis.

Gonna piggyback a trip to Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash (and a great little deli I found) in Red Bank, NJ, and probably stay in NJ for a concert that night. Biggest challenge? It's just over five hours home from there, and I have a soccer match to referee at noon Sunday. Mountain Dew Kick Start for the win!!!

Yeah, but I can sleep when I'm dead, to quote Warren Zevon. Hotel is booked - couldn't get HGI. Apparently they got the report from Annapolis.

Gonna piggyback a trip to Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash (and a great little deli I found) in Red Bank, NJ, and probably stay in NJ for a concert that night. Biggest challenge? It's just over five hours home from there, and I have a soccer match to referee at noon Sunday. Mountain Dew Kick Start for the win!!!
Glad to see youre coming! Could we get a forum member roll call for this event?

roll call...sure!! I'm in along with my buddy...trying to get down there early this year to avoid traffic and to get at those PS tops you cherry picked.

I'll be there with the old lady....trying to stop me from buying anything! Let's see who wins that battle.

I can try to distract her for you. Better yet, if you bring cash, you can slip me the bucks, point out what you want, I'll buy it and say it's a gift because you have such a wonderful spouse who surely wants you to be happy.

I'll be there! I am about 30 minutes away. It would be great to meet with you guys. This is also a great venue.

Do you guys want to try and get a late night snack + drink somewhere after the clinic? I will try and find someone who serves late night food. Im pretty sure I can join you all...but, with the way these things go its possible Ill get tied up!

For those of you who are traveling to the event, the New Haven and central CT area has some amazing restaurants you will not want to miss.

For the best pizza - New Haven - Modern and Spooner are amazing. Frank Pepe's is a tourist trap and is ok.
Apparently the hot spot in Hamden is the restaurant right next to Brians guitars. Great brunch and craft beers.
Eli's on Whitney is right down the street from the shop and is a great family restaurant with really good food.
CT is also full of great craft breweries including Two Roads and lots of others.
Great Italian food all over the area.
For wings, the Shelton downtown area has about six sports bars all with great wings.

Foliage will also be at peak so you will have a very nice ride and leave lots of time for travel, tough traffic on the Merritt. Hope to meet you all at the event. I went last year and is a really great night.

Enjoy. Greg

For those of you who are traveling to the event, the New Haven and central CT area has some amazing restaurants you will not want to miss.

For the best pizza - New Haven - Modern and Spooner are amazing. Frank Pepe's is a tourist trap and is ok.
Apparently the hot spot in Hamden is the restaurant right next to Brians guitars. Great brunch and craft beers.
Eli's on Whitney is right down the street from the shop and is a great family restaurant with really good food.
CT is also full of great craft breweries including Two Roads and lots of others.
Great Italian food all over the area.
For wings, the Shelton downtown area has about six sports bars all with great wings.

Foliage will also be at peak so you will have a very nice ride and leave lots of time for travel, tough traffic on the Merritt. Hope to meet you all at the event. I went last year and is a really great night.

Enjoy. Greg

All great tips! Enjoy the leaf peepin'!

Also, Sally's makes the best pizza in the world, also in New Haven.

The shop will be in shambles due to the two shows that weekend, but, we will be there until probably 1, 1:30pm if anyone wants to swing by.

Greg, et. all...any suggestions on exact locations for killer wings (great taste / nothing nuclear) with a good+ beer selection?? My buddy and I will have a decent amount of time to kill and are looking for a place to go. Between the two of us we've been to a number of spots (Dinosaur's closer to NY, Ted Cheeseburgers, Pepe's, etc.) and are looking for a new spot to full our stomach full of great / must have food and excellent "adult beverages" prior to the event.

I ended up at the Hampton in Meriden, but whatever works for me. I'm hoping to hit town around 4-ish, so afterwards will work best for anything more than probably a quick drive-thru.

Greg, et. all...any suggestions on exact locations for killer wings (great taste / nothing nuclear) with a good+ beer selection?? My buddy and I will have a decent amount of time to kill and are looking for a place to go. Between the two of us we've been to a number of spots (Dinosaur's closer to NY, Ted Cheeseburgers, Pepe's, etc.) and are looking for a new spot to full our stomach full of great / must have food and excellent "adult beverages" prior to the event.

Best wings Ive ever had are at J Timothys in Plainville. There are few flavors and all of them are good...but I would get the dirt style Buffalo. Plus, it should be on your way down...get the giant pretzel too!

Best wings Ive ever had are at J Timothys in Plainville. There are few flavors and all of them are good...but I would get the dirt style Buffalo. Plus, it should be on your way down...get the giant pretzel too!

Suggestion noted...thanks Brian! For us these have to compete against the wings at Annie's on Kent Island; there is just something different about them that has us hooked.

Back