PRS new Logo

My above comment was meant to be flip and emphasize the trollishness of the thread. Let's stop feeding it and move on.

My above comment was meant to be flip and emphasize the trollishness of the thread. Let's stop feeding it and move on.

I think there's an official PRS forum way to do that...

YOU WILL NEED
Chilled pie dough for one single-crust 9-inch pie, see our pie crust recipe

3 large eggs

1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar

1/3 cup (65 grams) light brown sugar

1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree or 2 cups (440 grams) fresh pumpkin puree, see our homemade pumpkin puree recipe

3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy whipping cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

DIRECTIONS
  • PREPARE CRUST
    Roll out dough so that it is two inches larger than your pie dish. Gently press dough down into the dish so that it lines the bottom and sides. (Be careful not to pull or stretch the dough). Trim dough to within 1/2-inch of the dish edge.

Fold edges of dough underneath itself, creating a thicker, 1/4-inch border that rests on the lip of the dish. Crimp edges. (You can see us do this in our pie crust recipe video). Refrigerate while you make the pie filling.
    • MAKE FILLING
      Whisk eggs and both sugars together until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and the salt. Stir until well blended.
      • BAKE THE PIE
        Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Transfer pie shell to a baking sheet. Pour pumpkin filling into the pie shell. Bake pie at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick or thin knife plunged it into the pie, about 2 inches from the edge, comes out clean. Rotate once or twice during baking. If, while the pie bakes, the tops of the crust becomes too dark, cover with a thin strip of aluminum foil.
        • TO FINISH
          Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours or until room temperature. Cut into 8 wedges and serve alone or topped with whipped cream.

To store, cover the cooled pie loosely with foil or plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days.

Not sure why that is relevant to my question to the OP: I was trying to steer the thread to a more useful conversation, rather than the oddly phrased negative first post to a forum about a feature change that occurred 12 months ago. Look at it this way: if a friend comes up to you after knowing them for a few months or years and says "that guitar you play sure has a weird headstock, I tried to like it for a year but I still don't like it, I might even hate it, I liked the old one" you might have time to appreciate the opinion, and discuss the merits of one vs the other. But if a complete stranger walks up to you and says the same thing, why should you give them the time of day?

Anyway, yes, I'm in a band called Hard To Port - we are what we call Celtic Fusion. We are all part-time musicians - we mostly all have office jobs to pay the bills. We also run a Sound Production company called H2P Sound Productions. We run sound for many of the mid-sized folk and related festivals here in Central Florida.

So, is the OP in a band, do they just jam in their bedroom or basement or garage (nothing wrong with that!), do they have one or more PRSi, and which ones are they? Do they want more? Let's find out more about this OP!
There are many Celtic rock bands in Scotland, that are very heavy metal, and still some Punk Rock bands like the Celtic warriors, but I have never heard of the style Celtic fusion? What is the line up of the band? Interested to hear from members who are gigging.

There are many Celtic rock bands in Scotland, that are very heavy metal, and still some Punk Rock bands like the Celtic warriors, but I have never heard of the style Celtic fusion? What is the line up of the band? Interested to hear from members who are gigging.
OK, this is going way off topic, but maybe it will help the direction of this thread.

We call our music Celtic Fusion (for lack of a better term) I suppose because it is traditional Celtic music (reels, jigs, songs, death ballads) played with traditional instruments like fiddle, manolin, bodhran, and whistle, mixed with singer-songwriter/folk guitar-oriented stuff (think James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, acoustic Neil Young) infused with some heavier rock'n'roll and prog rock elements (heavier Neil Young, Thin Lizzy, Metallica, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd). Plus other related genres thrown in like Old Time/Americana/roots, a bit of country, and who-knows-what-else.

Our core line up is a fiddle/whistle/guitar player, a rhythm guitar player, one or two percussionists (one typically on bodhran or cajon, other on hand percussion), and me on elec or acoustic guitar, mandolin, and banjo. We also feature guest fiddle players fairly often.

We vary the selection of songs we play, and how we play them, based on the venue, crowd, and mood. At one venue we do all Celtic/Irish as traditional as we can, with only an occasional twist thrown in, because that is what they want (and hey, they are the ones paying!). At other places I get to release my Gilmour-esque solos and Neil Young-ish chugga-chugga rhythm, doing Rockin' In The Free World full blast.

For example, we play a cover of Whiskey in the Jar. We play a milder acoustic version at that one "all-Irish" locale, but play a Thin Lizzy-esque version, tinged with Metallica's heavier variant via a heavy distorted electric guitar, that still has traditional whistle and fiddle interplaying, at other gigs.

We write a lot of our own material. The CD we did last year captured most of our range without going too rock'n'roll (no drop-C tunings for djenting, but some fairly intense guitar solos, IMHO), and included a medley of traditional Irish reels and jigs (a jig set comprised of Road to Lisdonvarna / Swallowtail / Morrison's / Kesh), and a pairing of Americana/roots/old time stuff (Crow Creek / Waterbound).

I'm a heavy metal / prog rock guitarist, and while I'd be happy playing just that style of music, I am also happy doing this stuff. I think the Celtic/Folk area has allowed me to write and play more originals than might happen if I was in a rock'n'roll band, where the typical demand from bars and pubs is covers of classic rock songs. The folk community is very strongly encouraging of original material.

and where can one find said CD?
CDbaby, Amazon, and probably iTunes! Price should be $10 for physical CD, $7 for digital download on CDBaby, Amazon is charging a bit more for the download (old price, we dropped the price over the summer).

CD is called "Transhumance".

CDbaby, Amazon, and probably iTunes! Price should be $10 for physical CD, $7 for digital download on CDBaby, Amazon is charging a bit more for the download (old price, we dropped the price over the summer).

CD is called "Transhumance".

Thanks! I will hit up iTunes tonight!

OK, this is going way off topic, but maybe it will help the direction of this thread.

Hey thank you for taking the time to write, this sounds a very exciting band, that I guess needs a lot of time for arrangements.i get the fusion input now and I am very familiar with the bands you mention in fact I know personally some of the individuals. I have seen Bob Geld off in Ireland jamming in a pub with 2 fiddle players and a very distorted mettalica guitar,. Amazing line up ,one would never know on this forum what talent is out there being played live and recording., Things in the uk are moving in many directions, but the latest flare or style is Noel Gallaghers band(ex oasis) The high fying birds, with a brass section, keyboards and a host of unusual approaches worth a listen. Best of luck! stay focused

We call our music Celtic Fusion (for lack of a better term) I suppose because it is traditional Celtic music (reels, jigs, songs, death ballads) played with traditional instruments like fiddle, manolin, bodhran, and whistle, mixed with singer-songwriter/folk guitar-oriented stuff (think James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, acoustic Neil Young) infused with some heavier rock'n'roll and prog rock elements (heavier Neil Young, Thin Lizzy, Metallica, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd). Plus other related genres thrown in like Old Time/Americana/roots, a bit of country, and who-knows-what-else.

Our core line up is a fiddle/whistle/guitar player, a rhythm guitar player, one or two percussionists (one typically on bodhran or cajon, other on hand percussion), and me on elec or acoustic guitar, mandolin, and banjo. We also feature guest fiddle players fairly often.

We vary the selection of songs we play, and how we play them, based on the venue, crowd, and mood. At one venue we do all Celtic/Irish as traditional as we can, with only an occasional twist thrown in, because that is what they want (and hey, they are the ones paying!). At other places I get to release my Gilmour-esque solos and Neil Young-ish chugga-chugga rhythm, doing Rockin' In The Free World full blast.

For example, we play a cover of Whiskey in the Jar. We play a milder acoustic version at that one "all-Irish" locale, but play a Thin Lizzy-esque version, tinged with Metallica's heavier variant via a heavy distorted electric guitar, that still has traditional whistle and fiddle interplaying, at other gigs.

We write a lot of our own material. The CD we did last year captured most of our range without going too rock'n'roll (no drop-C tunings for djenting, but some fairly intense guitar solos, IMHO), and included a medley of traditional Irish reels and jigs (a jig set comprised of Road to Lisdonvarna / Swallowtail / Morrison's / Kesh), and a pairing of Americana/roots/old time stuff (Crow Creek / Waterbound).

I'm a heavy metal / prog rock guitarist, and while I'd be happy playing just that style of music, I am also happy doing this stuff. I think the Celtic/Folk area has allowed me to write and play more originals than might happen if I was in a rock'n'roll band, where the typical demand from bars and pubs is covers of classic rock songs. The folk community is very strongly encouraging of original material.

Back