Prs moving away from V12?

PRS nitro finishes (DGT Nitro?) are, afaik, nitro over a poly coat. Am I correct or did I misunderstand it?
My McCarty has V12 finish and I like it. No issues so far.

Last edited:
Not the red one? Say it ain't so!

It is so. When you wake up one day with an obscene amount of guitars, you know you have a problem. Hardest one first. Like a punch in the gut. Hoping it makes the others a little easier!

* no offense to anyone with an obscene amount of guitars! :p Just speaking for myself!

It is so. When you wake up one day with an obscene amount of guitars, you know you have a problem. Hardest one first. Like a punch in the gut. Hoping it makes the others a little easier!

* no offense to anyone with an obscene amount of guitars! :p Just speaking for myself!

One man's obscene is another man's...ooooo look at that cool red guitar!!!

I'm right there with you bro. I'm thinking of moving my Santana on again too :oops:

Exactly what constitutes obscene? Is this like a metric a$$-load or a gaggle of PRSi? Or a bloody murder?

Exactly what constitutes obscene? Is this like a metric a$$-load or a gaggle of PRSi? Or a bloody murder?
I think Bodia is referring to an “Imperial Shedload”!

Kept in a floating room, 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high!;)

However you do need to invest in the McIntosh “Ba’ hair meter”. A Scottish designed device for tiny measurements!!:rolleyes:;)

When thinking of who’s gonna look after the guitars post-you induces pure panic.

Anyway, whatever the current formula is, I like it. The old stuff was fine too. I'd just like to know what changed when so I can keep furthering my PRS nerddom.

I’m interested to know, as the website quotes v12 from 2010. Anyone who knows any info, would be great.:D

Back