PRS Maintenance.

Emrys

I know it is a simple question, however, I believe it is an important one.

What do you do to keep your PRS in pristine condition?

What do you use to wipe it down etc.....????

Thanks.

Both a cotton cloth, and a micro one, I switch.
And also before casing a guitar after having them out for the weekend, every guitar gets it strings wiped with this.
Every guitar has its own one for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do much of anything on a day-to-day basis other than give the strings a wipe-down after I get done playing. All of my guitars sit on stands in various rooms of my house (the wife likes them as art and I like to be able to just grab one wherever I am in the house). They get dusty and sometimes a little grimy but I tend to like them that way. However, I do give them a clean and polish with the PRS products when I change strings, which lately has been about once a month.

What do you guys use to get the oxidation off on bridges and hardwares?

A microfiber cloth, all over, every single time I use it. Whenever I change the strings I use the Dunlop 6500 Guitar Maintenance Kit http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...g&matchtype=&gclid=CMjb4JOVib8CFcdFMgod5DAAUg Is all this neccessary? Probably not... but I just have one 2013 USA SC 245 and she is my baby.

Looks like the best bet.....Thanks

My PRS is beautiful and I want to keep it that way....This is my first electric guitar that I chose on my own and like yours is for you, this is my baby. So I want to treat the Lady Right:):star:

What do you guys use to get the oxidation off on bridges and hardwares?
PRS recommends Blue Magic Metal Polish (http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/care.html), others here have mentioned using metal polishes made by Flitz or Maas (and I'm sure a few others). Maas metal Polish is my favorite...it seems to make the hardware very resistant to building up new oxidation, or even finger prints when I use it regularly. I have never had any problem with it damaging plastic or finished wooden parts but am very careful not to let the polish contact non-metal parts. Good luck!

Back