PRS John Mayer Super Eagle II - Private Stock Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by charliefrench, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:44 PM.

1. charliefrench

charliefrench New Member

Sounds killer :)

Ovibos likes this.
  2. Elliot

Elliot Still a New Member

I'm kind of bummed Pete didn't squeeze in any innuendos but great to see 10 minutes of fiddling; only a crisp 10 mins. Good time for the Andertons crew.

3. Johnny

Johnny New Member

Amazing playing! I love danish pete.

Anyone know how they make the fretboard so shiney like that? It looks glassy

4. CatStrangler

CatStrangler PRS Enthusiast

African Blackwood polishes up very nicely.

5. BWV548

BWV548 New Member

That is just a stunning guitar - sonically and visually. I have to keep reminding myself that my playing, at this stage, doesn't deserve such an instrument, to keep myself from shelling out $12K or so. And the day that I do choose to shell out that kind of dosh for an axe, I'll have it built to my spec: the only thing I'd change on this one, is to put a fixed bridge, rather than trem system. I'm just not a big trem user

charliefrench likes this.
  6. charliefrench

charliefrench New Member

My playing is mediocre at best and I could not justify owning a guitar like this even if I could afford one. Kudos to those fortunate ones who will buy them anyway. It is a stunning guitar and in Pete's hands it sounds magical for sure.

Normally I would not opt for so many switches but on this they don't appear overly obtrusive to me and I would be happy to let the trem stay :)

7. gush

gush New Member

Man that is nice. I really don't have any business owning one of these. Would be nice though.

8. JonW

JonW You green?

I'm really considering getting one as an investment... But not really sure, there are a couple other things on my list this year :D

9. owickerman

owickerman New Member

I'd probably be lost with all these switches ;)
    Anyway, this is an amazing instrument, if I give you my street address, could you send me one for my birthday?

10. Mattsiatti

Mattsiatti New Member

Pete is such a good player, my fav out of all the Andertons crew

11. Mole351

Mole351 New Member

Same. Funny though as he's admittedly not a big PRS fan. Shame - as he can certainly make them sound incredible!

12. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

It ain't about deserve.

BTW, the guitar sounds fantastic and looks great.

13. Mattsiatti

Mattsiatti New Member

great advert for that guitar, if I was single and childless I'd buy one .... somehow

14. shallbe

shallbe New Member

I want one, that color and wood selection. Maybe one day.

15. Skeeter

Skeeter New Member

I saw the Dead & Co. last summer when John was playing the original Super Eagle. And if nothing else - it seemed like they were intent on capturing Garcia's tone first and foremost.

I think in that regard, the middle NF was the perfect solution (Jerry mostly played on a middle humbucker split). Also the on-board pre-amp was used to help push that signature Mutron effect which apparently works better with a bit of push or compressor in front of it.

And for whatever reason, John would switch back to a PS (or Collection) solid body (looked like a classic McCarty) when he played more bluesy, Mayer-type tunes. Will be very interesting to see the final resulting S-type guitar he has been working on with PRS.

In any event, the Super Eagle is a gorgeous looking and sounding guitar, and seems like you could play anything on it.

Maybe PRS should at least offer that pup combo: H - NF - H, on a revamped core "Studio" model?