PRS JAM - March 2018

Thanks man! This is a great idea. I don't play over changes enough, things like this really force you to.

I found that doing this on a regular basis really helped me. I go back to ones I did two years ago and can’t believe the change. I also really like to listen to how everybody interprets and approaches the backing track. You to hear some really cool ideas and put them in the bank for future tracks. A lot of benefits to doing this at least for me.

Here is one I did last week. Although the background picture shows me with my Tremonti SE, I actually used my new Tremonti SE Custom. at h
It's a rough mix demo I made by myself at home (didn't get a chance to properly put a bass part on yet) but here it is anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/angrydeli/my-regrets-deli-home-demo
Great playing I think I've seen your vids before! Did you upgrade your pickups on your Tremonti SE custom? I'm thinking of going Pegasus/Sentient what you think?

Great playing I think I've seen your vids before! Did you upgrade your pickups on your Tremonti SE custom? I'm thinking of going Pegasus/Sentient what you think?
Thank you for the compliment! To answer your question, no, I used the stock Tremonti "S" pickups that came equipped. I considered swapping them out to a USA Tremonti or \m/ set (as I have the \m/ bridge in my DGT) but these honestly sound great to me, clean or dirty. I am really impressed by these pickups!

my recording PC is on it's last leg and needs to be replaced. Looks like fun and I hope I can get involved soon. 5 minutes is a long time to solo when you only know 2 riffs though! :D

Great job to all who posted so far. I just saw this thread for the first time. I'll try to watch it and hopefully jump in on one soon.

I really thought more guys would jump in on this.

Patience, grasshopper, patience. March ain't over yet!

my recording PC is on it's last leg and needs to be replaced. Looks like fun and I hope I can get involved soon. 5 minutes is a long time to solo when you only know 2 riffs though! :D

Great job to all who posted so far. I just saw this thread for the first time. I'll try to watch it and hopefully jump in on one soon.

Write a melody. Make a couple verses part of the deal. That's what I'm a doin'!

Hey All I participate in monthly backing track challenges on other guitar forums and it is a fun time. I look back on stuff I recorded two years ago in those monthly challenges and I was TERRIBLE but doing these and receiving constructive criticism from others participating moved me from Terrible to bad....lol

But seriously this is a good time no matter what your ability is. Beginners need to start somewhere and experts need to continue to practice to keep up their chops so it's good for all.

Basically the way it works is follow the link below to the backing track, click on the more under the track and click on download. Once you download it you can use whatever form you have to in order to record yourself along with the backing track then post up here for all participating to listen to.

You can do anything you want to backing track slow it down speed it up add rhythm guitars play a lead sing and play whatever you feel like. The only RULE is don't beat on anyone who posts up a track. Constructive criticism is ok help others out with ideas and thoughts but please don't beat on someone trying to better themselves.

It's really that easy, just have fun.

This is the first one so let's come out of the gate rockin with a Funky Cream Style Jam. As the months go by I will try to vary the genre from rock to country to fusion and move the key around and the scales used. I am not good and there will be some that post here that will just blow our socks off but that is why we are here we all can learn from each other especially seeing how everyone approaches the same backing track differently.

HAVE FUN!!!

https://soundcloud.com/user-425454638/march-prs-jam-heavy-cream-style-in-d
Thanks for the details. I want to give this a try.

Patience, grasshopper, patience. March ain't over yet!

Hahahaha I was just trying to get it back up towards the top again so people would see it, and maybe just a little bit of coaxing in there too but just a little lol.

Hahahaha I was just trying to get it back up towards the top again so people would see it, and maybe just a little bit of coaxing in there too but just a little lol.

Oh - gentle encouragement? Why didn't you just say so?

tenor.gif

Ok. I don't know how I did it, but I screwed up.

Somehow the track I downloaded already had guitar on it and I mistook that for the original.
I've gone back through the links on the thread but I don't know who I stole from.
So credit to whoever put the rhythm guitar in. Thank you. Sorry I messed it up with my noodling.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/prs-march-jam

Ok. I don't know how I did it, but I screwed up.

Somehow the track I downloaded already had guitar on it and I mistook that for the original.
I've gone back through the links on the thread but I don't know who I stole from.
So credit to whoever put the rhythm guitar in. Thank you. Sorry I messed it up with my noodling.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/prs-march-jam

Nice!

In with a day to spare!

https://soundcloud.com/user-322524401/prs-jam-march-2018

Thanks for the motivation! First recording I've made with Studio One and my Yamaha THR10. Since the backing track is an unrelenting 1-4-5, I used it as an excuse to do a bunch of self-indulgent soloing to show off what the 594 can do.

Now I can finally listen to what everyone else did...

Back