PRS in UK Guitarist Magazine

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
Hi everybody,

The latest issue ('Summer' - #371) of the always great UK magazine "Guitarist" has a cover story on the new PRS S2 line. Inside, there are almost twenty pages devoted to PRS, including articles that cover other models like the CE, EG, and EGII. Also, there's a tone test comparison between the Custom24, the new S2 version, and the SE Custom 24. Great pics as always, including some from the factory.

I haven't read it all because it's near the end of the month and I'm out of cash, but I did get to spend a little time at the bookstore this morning thumbing through a copy and I can't wait to bring it home. Here's the link to the mag's website for us "Yanks": http://www.musicradar.com/us/guitarist . :wink:

Happy reading!

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
Guitarist is my favourite magazine. I went for a long period of time where I didn't buy any, then about 2 years ago I started to buy every guitar mag out there like I used to. Well, I can't find the time to read all those mags (and I buy others), they get expensive (Guitarist costs $20 here) so I need to whittle down my list. Guitarist definitely stays as does Premier Guitar. I guess it's my age, but I much prefer a printed magazine to the digital versions. I don't know what it is, I enjoy the British mags more than the American ones, but it is frustrating that by the time they become available here, they are two months out of date.

Last edited:
I might have posted this in another thread. I used to have a paper subscription to Guitarist in the UK and had them sent to France when we moved here. I got fed up with them going missing in the post to took out a digital subscription to my iPad instead. It is a full replica of the print issue with embedded video and costs about two thirds of the paper one. The only downsides are it come out a few days after the print issue and takes a while to download with the terrible internet connection we have.

Guitarist in the UK is a good magasine and the post here in France loses about 1 every three years.
I just call them up and they send another.
Hopefully the person who stole it out of the post get a benefit from reading the magazine (US spelling!)

I might have posted this in another thread. I used to have a paper subscription to Guitarist in the UK and had them sent to France when we moved here. I got fed up with them going missing in the post to took out a digital subscription to my iPad instead. It is a full replica of the print issue with embedded video and costs about two thirds of the paper one. The only downsides are it come out a few days after the print issue and takes a while to download with the terrible internet connection we have.

Can you print any of it from the app? That's the only drawback for me right now - I like having the paper copy for transcriptions.

Back