PRS Ident.

Billy B

Have been trying to connect with PRS customer service regarding my guitar details.
Such as what Pups were used, I think the Middle is a Fraulin...
I would show a photo, but can't seem to get one linked to this thread
Serial #159516
Special 22
10 top

From the PRS website:

SPECIAL
: 1988 - 1991. Developed for the ‘hard rock/metal player’, wide-thin neck, trem-up routing for a full tone up, volume and tone controls with 5 way rotary, HFS Treble pickup, PRS single coil in middle, HFS Bass pickup (changed to Vintage Bass humbucker by 1989).

I think your's is a 91. The first number is the year, the rest is the serial number and that would fall in 1991.

Oh, and when you get 3 posts you can then post pics, and until you do it's only a First Act! ;)

I believe it is a 2010 Special with the 2 humbuckers and single coil in the middle.
The s/n should read 10 159516. if there is a 10 following the s/n it is a 10 top.
Basically what you have is a Custom 22 with 245 pickups and a Fralin single coil in the middle.
Great guitars!

Check this out for specs:

That’s a real variety of tones coming from one guitar! Nice playin too, which of course helps!:D

I believe it is a 2010 Special with the 2 humbuckers and single coil in the middle.
The s/n should read 10 159516. if there is a 10 following the s/n it is a 10 top.
I think you are right. I checked the S/N again and it doesn't fit in 91. Good catch.:)

Back