PRS Guitar Identification

Zackybilly1

Maybe there's already information here and I just didn't find it. I have purchased several PRS guitars in recent years, however, I've acquired a couple that I couldn't find any information on. Guess it doesn't matter a whole lot but I am just curious about them. All of them were purchased new though they may have been from a previous year(s). I've got SE's (Mark Holcomb, Zack Meyers, Santana, Torero, etc.) that you can easily identify from across the room. But two, in particular, I never found info on.

One is an S2 Custom 24...with a bright blue, solid-paint, body and headstock. Bird inlays are solid white (not pearloid or abalone looking). Never found info on it.

The second is an SE Floyd 24 with two birds on the twelfth fret. I did find the 30th anniversary edition that had the two birds (commemorative inlay package) on the twelfth fret but they were "quilted" maple, whereas, mine is flamed maple top. The anniversaries came in Black Cherry, Grey Black, Santana Yellow, Trampas Green or Whale Blue. Mine is non of the above. The anniversaries are not "sunburst" where mine is. Mine has more of the appearance of a 2017 Vintage Sunburst Floyd Custom 24 SE which has a light sunburst and single bird on the twelfth. Mine has a darker, more pronounced sunburst. Couldn't nail this one down either.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter. Again, just curious of what I got.

Thanks in advance.

Z

Pics?
The solid white is used on CE and S2 birds. It's a synthetic ivoroid? better than plastic but nothing really fancy.

MichaelS,

Signed up a couple of months ago but aside from an introduction, just been reading. Therefore, my post count was too low to attach URL's but this is helping. I'll see if I can get pics up after this post.

Z

My 24's....Core, S2, SE, SE....The blue and the Floyd on the far right are the two in question.

2017.12.19%20016_zpsikip8rms.jpg

Thanks,

Z

They sometimes do custom colors, either as one-offs (or several sometimes) or as limited runs for dealers.

I've seen some other S2 guitars with that type of bright metallic finish. Otherwise it should be typical S2 specs.

For the SE, it's a 30th Anniversary, but if sunburst flame wasn't an advertised color, it's likely that a dealer specified those details for a limited run.

Back