PRS Dragon I pickup wiring issues

Wyatt C Stoddard

Hello everyone! I am working on a PRS style build and got a used set of Dragon I pickups. I am working on wiring them but can't seem to get it right. It is a 1 vol 1 tone configuration with a 3 way selector switch and push pull coil splitting. Does anyone have any experience with dragon I pickups or have a diagram I can reference? Thank you!

I just went through this while fixing incorrect wiring on a CE24 with HFS/Vintage Bass set, which I found out the pickups have reverse polarity from one another. According to the thread below, Dragon 1s are the same - neck pickup is hot on white, bridge pickup is hot on black. I re-wired as per this diagram and it restored the guitar to its factory state.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-se-with-toggle-switch-ce-wiring.38825/

prs-3-way-png.594848

Bumping old thread.
I have a 1994,CE22 with Dragons.
My tech installed a True Monti bridge but I want to go back to the Dragon bridge.
For thr Tremonti, he had to flip wires to get the middle position to be in phase.
Do you know for sure that the bridge hot is black? Then I have the ground wires and the white and red I would tape off.

Then again, the Tremonti seems to have better clarity, cut and not quite as hot. than my original Dragon bridge pickup. Hard to decide.

Last edited:
Back