PRS CUSTOM 24-08 WIRING DIAGRAM

Rhandy

Any one have wiring diagram of one Custom 24-08 with 85-15 pickups.
I would like to make a mod on my Custom 24.

I thin is not the same as 408. But I dont know.
This 24-08 have 85-15 pickups.
http://wildwireguitars.com/prs-wood...-with-pattern-thin-neck-85-15-pickups-232049/

My guitar is not 24-08. I only like to make the modification.

The Custom 24-08 is wired like a 408. The pickups are a variant of the 85/15; they are different. They work like the 408 pickups, but in a normal looking package. The slug coil is tapped in humbucker mode. It is active and not tapped in single coil mode (typically the screw coil is used when pickups are split).

You won't be able to get that exact functionality with a regular set of 85/15 pickups.The next best thing is to add a coil split switch for each pickup, using resistors to ground (1.1k neck, 2.2k bridge).

Yeah, that's why it's called a Custom 24-08 -- it's a Custom 24 with the electronics (not pickups) of the 408.

The Custom 24-08 is wired like a 408. The pickups are a variant of the 85/15; they are different. They work like the 408 pickups, but in a normal looking package. The slug coil is tapped in humbucker mode. It is active and not tapped in single coil mode (typically the screw coil is used when pickups are split).

You won't be able to get that exact functionality with a regular set of 85/15 pickups.The next best thing is to add a coil split switch for each pickup, using resistors to ground (1.1k neck, 2.2k bridge).

Thank you, I was thing is the same pickup, and I just have to change the wire diagram. But now I know is not possible make the same thing only using two push-pull volume and tone. The ony thing I can do is split the coils. Why I have to put one resistor to ground?

You don't have to use the resistors, but it has been the PRS method for several years. It allows some signal of the cut coil to come through, which makes the sound a bit fuller than a pure coil split plus it's a little more hum resistant. The volume doesn't stay as even as with a 408, but it's much better than a pure split, especially if you're running a compressor and overdrive.

You don't have to use the resistors, but it has been the PRS method for several years. It allows some signal of the cut coil to come through, which makes the sound a bit fuller than a pure coil split plus it's a little more hum resistant. The volume doesn't stay as even as with a 408, but it's much better than a pure split, especially if you're running a compressor and overdrive.
I´m new in PRS guitars I only by my first core this year.
Could you help me and show me any wire shematic using resistors?

1CCS4izmQwicYJvFXFbSOQ.png

Hello all!

I have a Custom 24-08 SE. I want to replace the pickups with the Tremonti Bass and Treble pickups. Ive replaced pickups in a strat once and it was pretty straight forward as the replacements had all the same wires as the originals....but this is a whole 'nother animal lol

heres the thing, i dont care about "08" part of it, nor coil tapping etc etc none of that jazz. i just want one volume, one tone, 3-way selector. Thats it. Is there anyone that can please point me in the right direction?

Mucho Thanks for any help!

Not sure if it helps

It is helpful. Thank you! Ultimately ive decided to just get rid of the "08" part of it all together. Im going to set it up with just the volume, tone, and 3-way selector. the problem im having now is finding out how to install the Bass pickup. It literally has one damn wire lol but ill keep looking.

Back