PRS Custom 24/08 LTD

Cocorosa

Quick and very basic question if anyone is around: what does the 24/08 mean in PRS Custom 24/08 LTD? I maybe about to buy one of these having road tested it and I am just doing my last bit of checking it out.

And is there anything about mini switches I should know?

Thank you :)

It's a custom 24 that incorporates the 408's switching system. Instead of the standard 5 position blade on custom 24's the three way switch plus a mini toggle for each pickup allow you to split each humbucker individualy. This enables you to have one pickup split while the other is in humbucker mode or both split at the same time.

Using the guitar's 3-way blade switch and two mini toggles, let's break down the new tonal territory you can cover.

• Position 1 (mini-toggles down): Bridge Humbucker
  • Position 2 (mini-toggles down): Bridge & Neck Humbucker
  • Position 3 (mini-toggles down): Neck Humbucker
  • Position 4 (mini-toggles up): Neck Singlecoil
  • Position 5 (mini-toggles up): Bridge & Neck Singlecoil
  • Position 6 (mini-toggles up): Bridge Singlecoil
  • Position 7(one toggle up, one down): Bridge Singlecoil & Neck Humbucker
  • Position 8 (one toggle up, one down): Bridge Humbucker & Neck Singlecoil
http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/meet_the_new_custom_24_08

It's a custom 24 that incorporates the 408's switching system. Instead of the standard 5 position blade on custom 24's the three way switch plus a mini toggle for each pickup allow you to split each humbucker individualy. This enables you to have one pickup split while the other is in humbucker mode or both split at the same time.

They also add the special 408 mojo via the 85/15 MT (multi-tap) pickups. In humbucker mode, the slug coil is tapped. When you split the pickup, the screw coil is cancelled and the full wind of the slug coil is engaged.

You will note that the slug coil of the neck pickup is closest to the fretboard by design.

They also add the special 408 mojo via the 85/15 MT (multi-tap) pickups. In humbucker mode, the slug coil is tapped. When you split the pickup, the screw coil is cancelled and the full wind of the slug coil is engaged.

You will note that the slug coil of the neck pickup is closest to the fretboard by design.
Using the guitar's 3-way blade switch and two mini toggles, let's break down the new tonal territory you can cover.

• Position 1 (mini-toggles down): Bridge Humbucker
  • Position 2 (mini-toggles down): Bridge & Neck Humbucker
  • Position 3 (mini-toggles down): Neck Humbucker
  • Position 4 (mini-toggles up): Neck Singlecoil
  • Position 5 (mini-toggles up): Bridge & Neck Singlecoil
  • Position 6 (mini-toggles up): Bridge Singlecoil
  • Position 7(one toggle up, one down): Bridge Singlecoil & Neck Humbucker
  • Position 8 (one toggle up, one down): Bridge Humbucker & Neck Singlecoil
http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/meet_the_new_custom_24_08

Great link, thank you. I am now clear - thanks to all of you for your helpful replies :)

I hope that decision is "what color" and not "should I, or shouldn't I?"

No! It's a charcoal burst, not my first pick if it was just a beauty competition but it looks good. The choice was against a 594 and this 24/08 artist pack guitar. The satin finish ebony neck on the 24 wins hands down, it is just the sweetest thing to play. It is about tone and pickups and whether that switching system is great or a pain.

No! It's a charcoal burst, not my first pick if it was just a beauty competition but it looks good. The choice was against a 594 and this 24/08 artist pack guitar. The satin finish ebony neck on the 24 wins hands down, it is just the sweetest thing to play. It is about tone and pickups and whether that switching system is great or a pain.

Yep, as much as I love my 594, satin and ebony would be a winner in my book!

Well, if you need a push, that's my hand in your back!

It turns out I am perfectly good at pushing myself as I will be putting the order in tomorrow! It's a special day for me because it marks the first time I am trading an older, decent, non PRS guitar in. I have crossed the threshold and admitted that I don't play as well with a non-PRS in my hands anymore so I am starting to sell-up and replace. Truly I am on the slippery slope :D

It turns out I am perfectly good at pushing myself as I will be putting the order in tomorrow! It's a special day for me because it marks the first time I am trading an older, decent, non PRS guitar in. I have crossed the threshold and admitted that I don't play as well with a non-PRS in my hands anymore so I am starting to sell-up and replace. Truly I am on the slippery slope :D
Most excellent.
I think I will pour another drink in honour of the occasion.

It is, indeed, slippery!

Back