PRS Clinic With Boscoe France

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
This post will contain some shocking - some may even say disturbing - content, so you've been warned.

PRS did a clinic at my local dealer tonight. My wife and my buddy went with me to see Boscoe France. As always, Boscoe provided some nice playing and good stories, all wrapped around some great advice and exercises. PRS brand ambassador Clay Lord was there as well - my wife and I had a nice chat with him about Experience and some other things PRS.

They had special sale pricing on all their PRS stock, and also a few guitars that Clay brought above and beyond store stock. There was a 594 SC, and a Trampas Green 594 DC that Boscoe played a bit. I took the opportunity to spend a little quality time w/the 594 DC (after buying Boscoe's new CD). I've played a couple forum members' 594s at Experience in the hotel lobby, but this was the first time I played one with the idea of evaluating whether I wanted one or not.

Wow. It was nice - loud acoustically, very resonant. The neck was a tad chunkier than I remembered, but I adjusted to it very quickly. Flamed maple neck, also finished in TG. Screaming good deal - and I do mean screaming. My wife said, "You know, you've got enough to cover it."

Last warning - turn back now before the disturbing part.

Here it comes...

I didn't buy it.

I know - I'm kind of surprised myself. It's not for a lack of 594 GAS. I'm pretty sure I've got that now. It just felt like a rushed decision, and it was not something I'd seriously considered before going (yeah, I should have). As much as I'm a tone > looks guy, Trampas Green is just not a color that grabs me. And I've bought other guitars that maybe didn't appeal to me as much as others, but it just didn't feel like the time to jump.

My apologies if I've caused any mental anguish...

Keep the savings where it is, you'll be writing that check soon enough. The right one will show up and your blood pressure will make you dizzy. Then you'll know you have the right one. ;)

Yep. I've had what were basically impulse purchases before go well (513) and some that went not so well. This didn't feel like the time to jump. I'm sure part of it is not getting over that purple sparkle one that Brian had at Experience when I couldn't get one.

Meh.. What do you wear with a green guitar anyway?
142182514345542594-set-lime-green-jacket-pant-designer.jpg

I was looking long, and hard at it yesterday (again!). Then the local Santana I popped up, which got me totally distracted. Of course, then you gave me a couple of other shiny things to look at.

The top color slows me down, but It's the knob placement that stops me. Of course the neck and back color get me all revved up again.

The top color slows me down, but It's the knob placement that stops me. Of course the neck and back color get me all revved up again.

I'm with ya on the knobs. I could,live with the color. It's on my watch list. Someone made an offer on it today.

Meh.. What do you wear with a green guitar anyway?
Black.

Or orange.

Or perhaps purple.

But yeah, I'm with you on the colour thing -- why buy a guitar in a colour that doesn't appeal, when you're sure to eventually come across one that does? Personally, I like it, but there are other colours I don't (very few, mind you).

It would be like Serge explaining why he doesn't buy blue guitars. If you don't get it by now, you won't.

Alantig - I give you one guess as to what the color is of my DC 594:D
I now have the "luck of the Irish"!

And that's why I tried to be very careful saying that the color just wasn't for me. I've never been much for green guitars - I don't know why. I've seen some green finishes that really strike me, but never one I've pulled the trigger on.

Then again, I never considered myself a blue guitar person, either - and I've got about seven!

And that's why I tried to be very careful saying that the color just wasn't for me. I've never been much for green guitars - I don't know why. I've seen some green finishes that really strike me, but never one I've pulled the trigger on.

Then again, I never considered myself a blue guitar person, either - and I've got about seven!
Zero "blues" for me, but if one came along that I was interested in and it happened to be blue........things would change.

This post will contain some shocking - some may even say disturbing - content, so you've been warned.

PRS did a clinic at my local dealer tonight. My wife and my buddy went with me to see Boscoe France. As always, Boscoe provided some nice playing and good stories, all wrapped around some great advice and exercises. PRS brand ambassador Clay Lord was there as well - my wife and I had a nice chat with him about Experience and some other things PRS.

They had special sale pricing on all their PRS stock, and also a few guitars that Clay brought above and beyond store stock. There was a 594 SC, and a Trampas Green 594 DC that Boscoe played a bit. I took the opportunity to spend a little quality time w/the 594 DC (after buying Boscoe's new CD). I've played a couple forum members' 594s at Experience in the hotel lobby, but this was the first time I played one with the idea of evaluating whether I wanted one or not.

Wow. It was nice - loud acoustically, very resonant. The neck was a tad chunkier than I remembered, but I adjusted to it very quickly. Flamed maple neck, also finished in TG. Screaming good deal - and I do mean screaming. My wife said, "You know, you've got enough to cover it."

Last warning - turn back now before the disturbing part.

Here it comes...

I didn't buy it.

I know - I'm kind of surprised myself. It's not for a lack of 594 GAS. I'm pretty sure I've got that now. It just felt like a rushed decision, and it was not something I'd seriously considered before going (yeah, I should have). As much as I'm a tone > looks guy, Trampas Green is just not a color that grabs me. And I've bought other guitars that maybe didn't appeal to me as much as others, but it just didn't feel like the time to jump.

My apologies if I've caused any mental anguish...

I was going to attend the NStuff event, but I just bought a Ridgeline and had a new deck put on the house, so I have zip in funds. I was thinking they might bring a Super Eagle just for sow and tell, but I guess that didn't happen.

Back