PRS CE24 Black Sunburst strange line

Yeah nice score. I was lusting after an older CE24 for quite some time. But I ended up buying one of the new ones after playing one in Guitar Center. But those 90's CE's are real nice and sought after. I think you probably did well in the trade. - especially if it doesn't even need a setup.

Hi Tom, here’s a video from John Mann, whose company made the original PRS tremolos.

Although this specifically is made for learning to install his own “vintage PRS” style trem, it should apply equally to any PRS tremolo; they all operate on the same principles.

Hi Tom, here’s a video from John Mann, whose company made the original PRS tremolos.

Although this specifically is made for learning to install his own “vintage PRS” style trem, it should apply equally to any PRS tremolo; they all operate on the same principles.

This is a great video for getting a trem mounted, and floating, correctly. Do it this way and you'll be bueno.

This is another great setup vid if you want to try tackling it yourself.

I know this will sound weird but I struggle with using the allen wench as a gauge. I use the wrench but before I call it done I'll put my phone on the bridge pickup and snap a pic of the trem screws. Then I expand the photo so I can see that the screws are the same height. When expanded you can see very fine detail and I think that helps with that part of the setup.

Yup figured Alder, they exist!

Serial number points to a '91, but the headstock points to an '88 or '89. Maybe they found a neck kicking around from after the problems they had with Peavey and the "Classic" thing.

Pickups wouldn't be '88/'89 either as they were Vintage Treble and Bass.

The join line IS slightly odd in that it's off centre...?
I agree, it does run at an angle, but the main thing is, if it plays great and sounds great then it is great.

Back