PRS CE22 2008 - Diameter of pots different?

oobboo

Hello,

I just bought a used CE22 in good condition. It is a great guitar! But the electronics condition (not original) is not very good, so I decided to change it to an original PRS volume- and tone pot. The 3-way switch is in good condition, so no replacement for this part. I don´t want a split option because I use 1 conductor Lollar Imperials in it.

Now I have read that the diameter of the tone pot hole is not as big as the one for the volume pot, is that true? Can´t I use the PRS ACC-4111 as volume pot and the PRS ACC-4109 as tone pot?

Thank your for your help and excuse my english (I am german)

Greetings :)

It will depend on how the guitar came from the factory, as well as whatever the previous owners did to it. If it was originally with the 5-way rotary switch, the tone and volume shafts would be the same. If it came as 3-way toggle and push/pull tone, then yes, the hole for the tone control would be smaller.

It was most common for this model to come with the rotary, so the hole may already be the right size. It's easy to enlarge the smaller hole for the tone pot to fit, if needed.

Back