PRS Baritone

The first hit I get on Youtube is the demo from Premier Guitar, featuring a solid body with humbuckers (i.e. not semi-hollow with soapbars) in a red color - dunno if that is fire red burst.

Can't provide link right now, sorry - found Youtube via phone.

EDIT: ah, now I see, that isn't "Fire red burst", which is much (much!) darker.

Why the color specific request?

Yeah that's the scarlet version. I think I much prefer the daker fire red burst, but there are only very few pics available - and they differ a lot. Which is why I'd love to see it in a video...

Yeah that's the scarlet version. I think I much prefer the daker fire red burst, but there are only very few pics available - and they differ a lot. Which is why I'd love to see it in a video...
Well, there are few folks who will do a new review just because the color changed - the reviews from when these first came out kinda did all they needed to.

Any the color will very likely change from sample to sample - wood does that, and there is no telling what an individual guitar will exactly look like. If you shop Sweetwater, they usually post the photos of the exact guitar you are buying, if in stock, and if you order, they will send you photos of the guitar assigned to you before it ships if you ask.

EDIT: Sweetwater has two in stock, and you can see each of them.

Well, there are few folks who will do a new review just because the color changed - the reviews from when these first came out kinda did all they needed to.

Any the color will very likely change from sample to sample - wood does that, and there is no telling what an individual guitar will exactly look like. If you shop Sweetwater, they usually post the photos of the exact guitar you are buying, if in stock, and if you order, they will send you photos of the guitar assigned to you before it ships if you ask.

EDIT: Sweetwater has two in stock, and you can see each of them.

hey there! of course, I was not exactly looking for a specific review as it is basically the same guitar as the tobacco burst model. I'm just curious about the actual finish and there's really not a lot to find out there. I can't shop Sweetwater as I live in Switzerland and we have another distributor here - but the pics there really help. Thanks!

You see, not many models are in stock over here, usually. And most of the time you just have to order a guitar you've never actually seen, let alone played. So I tend to be very thorough about checking out the models I'm interested in. Does this make any sense?

Thanks for the help, man!

hey there! of course, I was not exactly looking for a specific review as it is basically the same guitar as the tobacco burst model. I'm just curious about the actual finish and there's really not a lot to find out there. I can't shop Sweetwater as I live in Switzerland and we have another distributor here - but the pics there really help. Thanks!

You see, not many models are in stock over here, usually. And most of the time you just have to order a guitar you've never actually seen, let alone played. So I tend to be very thorough about checking out the models I'm interested in. Does this make any sense?

Thanks for the help, man!
OK, yeah, makes perfect sense!

Maybe you can contact that German guitar retailer, Thomann, and see if they can take photos of anything they have in stock? They seem to have one or more available. Not sure how CITES would or could affect shipments from Germany to Switzerland.

OK, yeah, makes perfect sense!

Maybe you can contact that German guitar retailer, Thomann, and see if they can take photos of anything they have in stock? They seem to have one or more available. Not sure how CITES would or could affect shipments from Germany to Switzerland.

Thomann does usually have some in stock, yes. I might get some pics there. I'm also in touch with the Swiss retailer now. Should get news soon... :) CITES, yeah. Another chapter... :rolleyes::D

Love the SE277...

se277p7s.jpg

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/n277d.16299/
http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/277-tone-report-the-beast-with-a-blue-soul.16377/

Ok, I got my SE277 and as far as I can tell it's an amazing guitar. At first, I usually play guitars without an amp just to get the feel for them. And, honestly, it's crazy how well the whole instrument rings... Through my Diezel Herbert, the clean sounds are rich and warm - with a very nice split middle-position sound! Through the rhythm channel, you get a very fat yet transparent sound. I'll go through everything a bit more thoroughly and will post audio examples soon.

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet! Redburst isn't my thing but I think it's dark enough and subtle enough here that it looks pretty good.

That's pretty sweet! Redburst isn't my thing but I think it's dark enough and subtle enough here that it looks pretty good.
yeah it's not really my thing either - normally... but there are only 2 color options available for the 277. And I definitely prefer the red burst to the other burst. I would have loved some grey black, charcoal burst or something. but oh well.

That you and your new 277? Cool! Love the fretboard...

I really like my 277 SH (with soapbars) in Charcoal.

Hi all
So, I love that SE 277 baritone a lot but I'm not entirely happy with the pickups. They are very noisy as compared to, for instance, the DiMarzio D Activators I have on my SC245. I am considering to exchange those pups with DiMarzio D Sonics. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Other suggestions?

It's just noise that bothers you? Mine are quiet. Makes me wonder if you have a loose ground wire somewhere.

I was thinking about putting something warmer in the bridge of mine. My go-to warm sounding pickup is the Duncan Custom Custom. I have been curious about the D-Sonics, but have been worried they would get too far into metal-land for me, as I'm just looking for a good rock tone.

Back