PRS 2017 Tremonti SE Pickup question

TLF2112

I love the Tremonti. But I'm normally a Strat / Ibanez RG sensibility with HSS and HH combos. I like the split coil hum cancelling bass and treble single coil sound and use that in my strats a lot for gigs. I bought the Tremonti because I just loved the humbucking bite, The dual pickup out of phase sound is very usable and cool and neck and finish are great. I know ( eventually) I'm likely going to be wanting to split the coils. when I look in the cavity, I see green and white wires pigtailed coming from BOTH the bass and treble pickups which is not representative of the support schematics that show just 2 leads from the bass (likely those are for the US Tremontis anyway- I get that) BUT it leads me to think I should be able to split those coils with a DPDT on a tone etc.

Does anyone have an idea how these pickups are really wired internally and how I would set up that switch? Did I get a fluke guitar? I'm not complaining really. Sounds great and both pickups are different / have a flavor.

Thanks in advance! ( as an aside, PRS support lead me to think I would just have the 2 leads coming from the bass pickup as well)

They don't post the SE diagrams on the web that I've seen. The pickups used generally seem to be four-conductor whether or not the guitar has push/pull switches.

The green/white wires make the series connection between the two coils of each pickup. You can connect them to switches to cut either coil. You can also use them to wire the two coils of the pickup in parallel.

Thanks!- Yeah I figured they were start / end of the North / South coil on each. If I can throw the 4 of those on a DPDT push pull that would be the easiest thing.

Back