Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

Something special for this Monday...it all began over a year ago when Brian posted these pics of a killer set of wood he selected for a PS for the shop...

eHBQUMx.jpg

3Fn7x4R.jpg

TASggz5.jpg

yCS89ic.jpg

Very unique spalted top...really grabbed me. I loved how the growth rings looked on this piece...and immediately thought they’d look cool on a singlecut. Paired with a nice BRW neck and interesting exotic ebony FB, and nice hog body, looked like a winner to me. The singlecut (594 Semihollow SC) wasn’t Brian’s initial plan...but fortunately he and the PS team were willing to be flexible and indulge some “special requests” on my part. We were going to do copper sheeting on the unspalted areas of the top...like one of these (but that plan changed too...)

L2Z7i7P.jpg
I tripped out the first time I saw the dark inlay for bridge screw holes. Is that ebony, some other wood? WAS IST DAS???

I tripped out the first time I saw the dark inlay for bridge screw holes. Is that ebony, some other wood? WAS IST DAS???

I assume you mean the last pic of the spalt w copper sheeting routed for a Trem. I think they don’t trust the spalted to maintain integrity under the stress of torque on the Trem bridge mounting screws...so they route out that area of the top and replace it with a harder wood...like ebony.

So there’s a goofy Yeti peeing into my F-hole. How often do you get to say that. How often would you want to, for that matter.

Me? Personally? Never. I'm guessing Sergio has said it a few times though, being a bit of an adventurous sort of guy.

I’m sure this looks familiar ;)
wDmXlEK.jpg
For those unaware, this guitar is pretty much what my color was based on. I believe this was a run of triple faded indigo for Brent at TGS that came out more faded than normal? I showed the PS team a pic of this guitar and said I want it to look like this...and quadruple faded indigo was born. My top 2 pics with my DSLR look pretty similar. Bottom 2 are with my phone. I had a lot of direct natural light with the DSLR. More indirect with the phone. Any photo editing, I try to make the guitar look as close to how it looks in front of me at the time.

For those unaware, this guitar is pretty much what my color was based on. I believe this was a run of triple faded indigo for Brent at TGS that came out more faded than normal? I showed the PS team a pic of this guitar and said I want it to look like this...and quadruple faded indigo was born. My top 2 pics with my DSLR look pretty similar. Bottom 2 are with my phone. I had a lot of direct natural light with the DSLR. More indirect with the phone. Any photo editing, I try to make the guitar look as close to how it looks in front of me at the time.
Yessir verily it is, triple faded indigo. Our guitars are kin!

The final configuration is a standard 594 layout...plus a vol knob and three way mini toggle for piezo, and an extra mini toggle “blower” switch (bridge pickup straight to output jack, vol/tone bypassed). Copper inlays w Gold MOP outlines, all spalted knobs and tuner buttons, ebony rings...went with flamed Koa FB an Headstock bindings too.

EQhhip8.jpg

3eQgvjE.jpg

aK80gGP.jpg

E7doLIW.jpg

zJ5x7t0.jpg

WVPgEPf.jpg

Check out in the last pic how the copper inlays are “countersunk” within the MOP outlines and sealed w acrylic...super cool detail.

And yes...she sounds AMAZING!!!
Stunning build, those birds look 3D very nice touch.

Technically this is not a PS but rather a signature prototype. Pernambuco neck, ‘dirty violin’ stain.

My other guitars suffer neck bow every time I take this one out, in homage to its status as ex-girlfriend to their biological papa. Their evil Step-Mother, so to speak.:p
4S5pUUs.png

j4KNKzI.jpg

ejOoNI0.jpg

Not sure how it got out of Paul’s hands. I hope he doesn’t mind that I’ve got the guitar and he’s only got the Company.

Last edited:
Technically this is not a PS but rather a signature prototype. Pernambuco neck, ‘dirty violin’ stain.

My other guitars suffer neck bow every time I take this one out, in homage to its status as ex-girlfriend to their biological papa. Their evil Step-Mother, so to speak.:p
4S5pUUs.png

j4KNKzI.jpg

ejOoNI0.jpg

Not sure how it got out of Paul’s hands but it’s okay, he’s got the Company and I’ve only got the guitar..

All hail “Dirrty Vi”;)

Ok Mr. Tonart, we need you to post a single picture of all those Pernie in a group photo!

I remember that XXX Indigo TGS run. Brent was the master of the quilts!

Back