PRIVATE STOCK GRAPHITE PAUL'S GUITAR!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Incoming any day now!

We played the prototype for the Paul's Graphite guitar back in October (I believe a few of you at the clinic did as well) and it played and sounded amazing. Check this one out!

Model: Paul's Graphite Guitar
Neck wood: Dark Peruvian mahogany with 92 million Super High Modulus Graphite non-adjustable truss rod
Fingerboard wood: African Blackwood
Top wood: Curly maple
Back wood: Lightweight African mahogany
Headstock Veneer wood: African Blackwood
Neck Carve: Pattern
Side Dots: Mother of pearl
Fingerboard inlays: Paua and mother of pearl Brushstroke birds with mother of pearl purfling
Headstock veneer inlays: Paua and mother of pearl Brushstroke eagle with mother of pearl purfling
Finish type: High gloss nitro
Pickups: Treble: 408 N Bass: 408 N
Electronics: Volume, tone with 3-way toggle and two mini switches for coil tap
Hardware: Aluminum PRS stoptail with brass inserts, nickel phase III locking tuning pegs with aluminum buttons, curly maple backplates as well as a bone nut
Set-Up: D'Addario .010
Case type: Paisley

8G1P4725.jpg

8G1P4726.jpg

8G1P4728.jpg

Last edited:
Played this guitar at Brians event a few months ago - absolutely stunning and felt great.

Also Emil's Modern Eagle has toured the world with no truss rod for yearsssss (it was an early adapter to the graphite concept) and has held up amazing.

1170864_625600657471897_1255562475_n.jpg

Played this guitar at Brians event a few months ago - absolutely stunning and felt great.

Also Emil's Modern Eagle has toured the world with no truss rod for yearsssss (it was an early adapter to the graphite concept) and has held up amazing.

1170864_625600657471897_1255562475_n.jpg

Yes indeed! No truss rod cover on the headstock was an interesting site to see.

I have the graphite rod in my current PS acoustic, and had it in my former USA acoustic as well. I think it's an improvement over the metal truss rods on most acoustic guitars, and years ago I posted that I think it sounds "woodier."

Plus the neck stays absolutely perfect regardless of the environment. There is no movement.

Now this model comes out and really is intriguing. I wish my guitar budget wasn't tapped out.

Every time I start thinking I'm all set for guitars....something like this comes along. This is an amazing looking instrument...and a great idea. Can't wait to hear these...certainly looks like another winner.

Thanks for the GAS attack Brian.

VERY COOL!!!! All I recommend is to tell someone at PRS that it's "high MODULUS", not "high modules". :top:

Just imagine the sustain...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4kJL_NDR0[/video]

Hey, can I send in my Paul's to the PTC and exchange truss rods for one of the high modulus graphite ones? Huh??? Wishful thinkin'???

How much?

Hey Brian, any chance of getting a youtube video up with some tones? would love to hear it!

Last edited:
Ok, Trust me, I am an "All In" PRS Guitars guy, but I gotta wonder, what if the owner goes from 10's to 11's or 12's in a couple years...I can't help but think the neck will move a little?? There is no adjustment to readjust the neck after a gauge change...Didn't Martin acoustics go from a steel "I" or "T" beam in the neck, and in the 70's ( I think??) go to a conventional truss rod...and Modulus basses went from no truss rod to conventional during their last years of existence?? Again, I'm a PRS FAN FOR LIFE, but let's just say the jury is out for a few years on this one. Btw...there's no one more than me that would love to see this idea work, just kinda theoretically throws up a red flag...

Apologies to Brian's a Guitars, if this entry should be elsewhere...??

Last edited:
Man! I'd love to get one...I need a poor man's PS! A three kids, mortgage, and a civil servant's salary PS. I'll stop...that is flippin' AWESOME!

Back